Suggestions for marking herbicide spraying areas. Foam markers , dyes or tire tracts

WKyGasDoc

5 year old buck +
Any rec on marking sprayed areas? Using a UTV fimco boom sprayer. Don’t want the mess of dye markers, Like the foam system but expensive. Any help to prevent overspray? Thanks guys

I use the ‘miss spots and double up on spots because I can’t see where I was previously’ method.

Thank you sir.

Any rec on marking sprayed areas? Using a UTV fimco boom sprayer. Don’t want the mess of dye markers, Like the foam system but expensive. Any help to prevent overspray? Thanks guys

Why not just drive around the area with your atv with the depressed grass & weeds as markers?

Why not just drive around the area with your atv with the depressed grass & weeds as markers?
Because often we do multiple operations in the same day. I sometimes broadcast, cultipack and then spray. After running through the field multiple times, tire tracks are not reliable.

You might try an app such as AgriBus-NAVI or something similar.

that is good idea Catscratch, app work well with iPhone ? I will be doing spraying in a Utv, so could mount on window or cup holder. Prior to this, I used ATV. Big farmers do it all on fancy gps. Little food plotters like us may be able to do

Does not look like available on Apple app store

Does not look like available on Apple app store
I would be surprised if they don't have something similar on Apple. I use the one I listed on my android. Slick as can be! Satellite image with a paint brush covering what you've sprayed in real time.

Keep in mind that the accuracy of the GPS in a phone is not adequate for ensuring you don't miss spots. High end equipment build for accurate tractor positioning is much more accurate. For me, a poor man's foamer was an easy project that has paid for itself many times over with herbicide savings.

Ya, better scrap the app idea then.

Keep in mind that the accuracy of the GPS in a phone is not adequate for ensuring you don't miss spots. High end equipment build for accurate tractor positioning is much more accurate. For me, a poor man's foamer was an easy project that has paid for itself many times over with herbicide savings.
This. According to my foreflight app, my phone's accuracy is 4 meters. It wouldn't surprise me to see that the systems used on the high end tractors are also utilizing WAAS to improve their accuracy.

This. According to my foreflight app, my phone's accuracy is 4 meters. It wouldn't surprise me to see that the systems used on the high end tractors are also utilizing WAAS to improve their accuracy.

4 meters is plenty for skipping spots. There are GPS systems that can provide much better accuracy including differential GPS.