Stupid Hunting Laws

THunter

5 year old buck +
Didn't know where else to stick this. I was watching some mule deer and whitetail hunts on TV yesterday from some western states and just got to thinking about some of the stupid laws states come up with. The one that gets me, and that I saw in all those videos, is where a hunter has to where blaze orange but the guides and cameramen do not. How stupid is that??? Is just because the hunter has a gun in HIS hand guarantee he's the ONLY one that someone might accidentally shoot?? How stupid.

No bow hunting during gun season, totally stupid. I would even be fine having to buy a separate tag to hunt the additional 7 days in il.

No bow hunting during gun season, totally stupid. I would even be fine having to buy a separate tag to hunt the additional 7 days in il.

We had that same stupid law. They changed it about 2 years ago. One that still gets me here is that it is illegal to carry a high powered rifle during rifle deer season unless you have a unfilled deer permit! The definition of high powered rifle is extremely broad to boot!

North Dakota water laws, being from mn my belief is most water is public

Out west it's wide open and you can see for a long ways. In AZ its not required to have orange on and I don't wear it. I can see where you'd need it back east with all the yahoos running around every 10 ft but with all the open country you don't need the orange to be seen in the west.

MN bans night vision while in posession of any weapon. Tony Cornish (a fake 2A advocate) says the no artificial lights unless using a shotgun is to prevent people from "shooting at eyes" - because having a rifle changes the mentality and decision making of the person using it?? Oh, but we could solve that problem entirely if we allowed night vision, so lets ban that!

Tony's another reason we can't have suppressors. Maybe he'd prefer we were all deaf too?

We had that same stupid law. They changed it about 2 years ago. One that still gets me here is that it is illegal to carry a high powered rifle during rifle deer season unless you have a unfilled deer permit! The definition of high powered rifle is extremely broad to boot!

Another one of my favorites in Nebraska is you can have a loaded, high-powered rifle in your truck, but a shotgun has to be unloaded. I guess that's to protect all the road-poachers we have to deal with in deer season.