Strange tree?

ruskbucks

5 year old buck +
Anybody have a idea?

Attachments

• 20231123_100532.jpg
    20231123_100532.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 39
Not the best pic of what I take are fruit but with that would go with wahoo also called burning bush

Ok so my daughter just did a reverse Google search whatever and it came up as a European spindle tree. It is not labeled as a invasive but is under watch. Someone in the area must have one as a ornamental and most likely birds spread the seeds.

Great more invasives to deal with. Spindle tree and Burning Bush are both in the genus of Euonymus. Looks like Spindle tree is exotic crap from Europe and Burning Bush is exotic crap from Asia

Great more invasives to deal with. Spindle tree and Burning Bush are both in the genus of Euonymus. Looks like Spindle tree is exotic crap from Europe and Burning Bush is exotic crap from Asia
I hear ya. Maybe it's time we ban this crap from overseas. Have we not learned are lesson by now! It sounds like this spindle tree isn't to hard to deal with. I just took a walk with the habitat guy that will be mowing my alder. He pointed out a patch of buckthorn! I was in shock I had it on my northern WI property. I don't have to much I need to get on it asap. Here all this time I thought the bigger trees were a kind of pin cherry. Ive been reading a bunch on buckthorn, what a nasty plant. I read it actually poisons the soil around itself to cut down on competition.

Invasives are fun. Hve a love hate relationship with oriental bittersweet. Grows like crazy. Great for hedgerows, bad for trees. Keeps me busy with lopping shears for a day or so in the winter.