All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stihl ms362

Peeps

5 year old buck +
anyone have any experience with this saw. I'm looking to upgrade from my 290 farm boss. I love my farm boss but I really push it and myself with some of the cutting I do.

Yeah I understand that Southern Wisconsin got hit hard about a week ago with terrible wind, rain and hail. I'm hearing there were a lot of up rooted, twisted off and down trees every where. I can't help with your search but Stihl makes some quality saws IMO.

I have the ms362, it works awesome. Well worth the extra for the pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a MS361, no complaints here. Most of the time I run it with a 16" or 18" bar after a tree is on the ground. The thing is almost scary with a 16" bar and chain.....it flies!
My dad had a 290 and it just didn't have the ooomph for the bigger stuff over 16-18" in diameter.

Last edited:
There's a fairly recent thread about saws that might helpful to you.

I believe mine is the 362 also. Bought it new in 06 if I recall right. I cut for the cabin, my shop and a buddy's house. We cut together. It's on the heavy side for limbing but it has not given one ounce of trouble. The bar is about wore out now but no issues.

I did just purchase a 362 for storm damage and it works great. Takes a few pulls to start. I did buy a 25 in bar for the big pines I had gone down. Quite a beast.