All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stairway to heaven

Yeah, I realized too late I had the pitch of the roof was azz-backwards. I may have to attach a lenght of old gutter to fix the safety issue you point out JFK.

check out the stair bracket from sportmanscondo.com

Thanks buckdeer1. I did not even know they existed, so opted for the redneck solution... 6" of 2x4.

A.J. - Now I KNOW I should have one of those stands. If I make such a nice set of stairs, though, I'll have bears loving their new playhouse !!
SAFETY THOUGHT - do you have any of those rough, gritty strips for steps that are applied for traction on your steps ?? Wet wood stairs can be just as slippery as icy ones. ( ask me how I know this !! ) Just a reminder so you don't have an ugly hunting attempt.

Great looking stand !! Enjoy.

Bowsnbucks, I have a lot of bear in my area, and I have never had any damage, or scat to, on my stairs. Now my open stands, with tree steps, I have to clean the scat off weekly.

I do install the grit tape on my stairs, for the few bucks it costed, and few minutes it took, I certainly didnt want to go slip sliding away on my hunting vacations.

Well, that makes two for two who install the no-slip strips on the blind stairs - Home Depot here I come. Thanks for chiming in guys, good suggestion.