Spring cleaning

Yes it was one of those days that the wind was going to come up and weather said evening but wrong time by a couple hours could sure ruin the day.Governor put out a emergency declaration until sunday for fires.Think I will mow fire breaks and plant a few trees from the wildlife group tomorrow,but will probably end up fighting wildfires because someone thought 25 MPH winds was ok

They had a big one in Greenwood county yesterday. It ran 5 miles. Id bet my truck that someone didn't get them put out and one will roar back to life. My brother just drove home from Emporia and said you can see all the stumps and fence posts burning. He expects to be up all night as soon as the wind picks up.

Good luck to you guys fighting fires. It's beautiful out right now with a calm wind, I bet many fires get lit this morning.

FB_IMG_1583609226494.jpg
Also a large fire in Butler county ks. They are evacuating Beaver, OK in the panhandle of OK due to a large grass fire headed into town.

Last edited:
They shouldn't have been allowed to get permits this am as winds were coming up,some local counties are getting sent to Clark county tonight.

They had our ban on before the sun came up.
Clark county task force is in oklahoma so other areas of the state are backfiling. Same for Meade county.Screenshot_20200307-203051_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
I burned a little bit on saturday....as much as I wanted to let it rip and light it down wind and let it roar...my common sense kicked in. Instead I started up wind and simply let the fire burn back into the wind. It was slow, but much more manageable. I wanted to do the same sunday...but the winds where gusting at 30+ so I kept the matches in my pocket. Instead I mowed most of it down and will burn later..... Nothing like seeing an area of 5 feet tall switch grass roaring in the flames however!

wish I could burn, be a LOT easier than mowing down grasses, then waiting to gly, then gly again am onth later...........

Neighbors getting some done last night. I go on 7 days off sunday night. Hoping to get favorable winds one day.
20200326_203155.jpg

Neighbors to the north
20200330_135815.jpg20200330_142143.jpg20200330_142430.jpg

It was pretty slow here this weekend,had a couple that caused some issues but it was pretty decent burning weather in SC Ks.We started burning some CP332020.jpg

Depending on how much rain we get tonight I plan on burning tomorrow afternoon.

Tomorrow is last day we can burn brush piles for a month so everyone and their brother was burning them today,I finished fire breaks so I will be ready

still can't get my head arond the amount of smoke from these, yet people whine like lil b's if a little black smoke comes out of my tailpipe.

still can't get my head arond the amount of smoke from these, yet people whine like lil b's if a little black smoke comes out of my tailpipe.
I had to turn on my headlights while driving through smoke yesterday. You should see the smoke made during fall burns! It gets very thick.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Waiting on my brother to get here. Its already very smoky outside.

Burn was an easy success. Took about 5 gal of water to hold the thing. Ill upload more pics tonight as I am patrolling right now.
Screenshot_20200331-162229_Snapchat.jpg

Our burn went easy today too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk