Spraying question

NWWI

5 year old buck +
Im a complete novice at spraying fruit trees. The pesticide spray I have been using is Sevin and I think I'm right on with that. The only fungicide I found was Daconil and the directions were very scetchy at best if it worked for apples. What's best and easily obtained locally?

Im a complete novice at spraying fruit trees. The pesticide spray I have been using is Sevin and I think I'm right on with that. The only fungicide I found was Daconil and the directions were very scetchy at best if it worked for apples. What's best and easily obtained locally?

It's very hard to give an easy answer. I just don't have the time. Maybe Appleman or someone can chime in with his basic spray schedule, but you need to educate yourself on both apple pests (insects) and disease. I would suggest getting a Tree Fruit Management Guide for your area. Contact your local extension service.

Nwwi-there is a fruit tree guide at the top of the page. Click on that then scroll down a ways where it says : CrazyEd- Appleman spray program. Read that to start with and it should help. The main spray he uses throughout the growing season is Captan80 for a fungicide and Imidan70 for an insecticide. I'm the furthest from an expert but just trying to get you pointed in the right direction. Also, more importantly, learn the Bud stages of apple trees so you will know when to spray. This is also on there somewhere. Apples are a lot of work and not easy. Be prepared to give them lots of care.