Sometimes success is meat in the freezer

j-bird

November has been a good month thus far for me and my family. No wall hangers yet, but it ain't over yet! We typically start hunting in force around Halloween.

I started things off with an adult doe with my cross-bow.
My boy followed that up last weekend with a doe of his own.
I then took a fawn last Tuesday and then again this morning.
2015 deer.jpg
We are working hard to fill the freezer.

Give us a crack at something with some decent antler and we will take our swing at that as well!!!!

Also still trying to close the deal on my youngest's first deer as well - we have come oh so close, but not quite yet.

Congrats on filling the freezer j-bird. Looks like you guys will eat well this winter. Also good luck on your continued hunting - it ain't over till it's over!!

Nothing wrong with a full freezer. We all enjoy that!

Sent from my 8g phone.

Tender backstraps :)

I try to avoid shooting fawns - but I tend to take what I am given when it comes to filling the freezer. Sometimes its a button buck, but I don't worry about it too much - I figure they will get pushed to another area any way. My household will consume 200 lbs of venison in a years time. If given the time and choice I'll take an adult doe, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

Now I gotta get me some horns!

Does for the freezer, bucks for the wall!

Congrats j-bird! Nothing better than spending time with the kids in the deer woods.

And who doesn't like some venison jerky?

Nothing wrong with filling the freezer with free range burger.
Sure beats $4/lbs for pink slime.

I was told our goal is 200 lbs in the freezer by my wife - she doesn't care if they are big, small, antlered or not. She prefer the bigger ones as the price per pound in processing is cheaper - but any way you look at it - it's still cheaper than beef at the local wal-mart!

awesome...