Some of My Secrets!

M

MoBuckChaser

deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Tks lots I have never seen. Lands of Mo was my go to when I was a serious shopper

nice, now you just need to let us know the secret to searching on craigs...

Do you have any great websites for Ohio? Some of these have a few Ohio listings but they are limited.

What are your thoughts on mix of Ag and woods. Is there a preference or a split you like? After the crash in 2008 recreational land declined and allot of guys realized they paid a premium for land they can't get there money out of.

3% fixed kick A$$! Im thinking storage units for my next investment

I wish these rates had been available when I was a younger man. If you got the income to pay the loan....these rates are a real gift!

http://www.yellowcreekrealty.com/

Just saw this. Have you ever met Robert?

I can't speak for lately, but back a few years you were in for a completely different experience riding around viewing listings. I'm saying He had to replace his truck every year or so from screaming across fields with 5 foot tall grass and not knowing what was in them.

Certainly some of the best fun I've had knowing I wasn't paying for the vehicle when it hit a drainage or abandoned implement.

Yep Mo rat bastards will get ya one way or another. Who is he going through?

Is he paying points to get that low?

Nice john, glad to hear good things are happening with your family. Even better to hear about prosperity on freedom day.

Congrats!

Yep he won't regret that 15 yr loan. My biggest financial regret was buying my house on a 30yr with pmi. That was basically renting till I refiNanced:(

The other thing he did was bi-weekly payments. By paying every other week half the monthly payment, it knocks the length of the mortgage down to about a 13 year loan. He did his research I guess.
Yep, time value of money. I have been doing that for years. Now with electronic auto pay it's very easy.

Smart kid, must take after his mom? ;)

The other thing he did was bi-weekly payments. By paying every other week half the monthly payment, it knocks the length of the mortgage down to about a 13 year loan. He did his research I guess.
That is exactly what I did with my farm/home loan many years ago. The local bank held the loan and I could just take the payment out of every paycheck. They even allowed me to add any additional amount to the loan payment, no matter how small. They immediately applied it to the principal.

My 11 year loan was paid off in 3 years.

You can't beat the local banks for service- at least at that time.

That is a smart kid MoBuck. One last point...

Take a look at what the principal portion of his payment is right now. Add a few extra bucks to that and the balance curve will get even steeper and shorter.

When we were building recently.....I got a loan for 2.75% with no other fees. Just short-term (2 years) but it was a mortgage and I was able to deduct the interest costs. After taxes the loan cost was under 2% to me. Yikes.....what I would have done for a rate like that in my youth! I did get some 7% interest money.....but rates got ugly after that.

Big swings in USA economic situations.....and you gotta find a way to be on the "right" side of the swings. Lots of leverage has NOT been my friend. I've had home loans.....but kept biz loans to a minimum. Working hard, just to pay the interest, is not schmart IMO.