Some Camera Card Pulls Just HIT HARDER!

bigbendmarine

5 year old buck +
Crazy tough year has limited my time on the forum, with the loss of two close family members to cancer earlier in the spring only six days apart.

Video I'm sharing today highlights another hit that's strongly impacted me for almost two months now... stick to the end and you'll see what one of my cameras captured.

The surprise capture aside, this last camera card pull really did provide footage of quite a few species and with some interesting action as well. Hope at least few forum members enjoy. 👍

Oh Dang. Hard to watch that!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that sucks. Sorry to see/hear this.

Yeah, that really sucks. I also never realized the ranges of black bear and alligator overlapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing ... you have quite the wild kingdom down there!

Great video until the end. Hate to see that. Was that the storm that went through south FL a couple weeks ago? We were in Indian Rocks and really didn't get any of it, but south of us was bad.

Great video until the end. Hate to see that. Was that the storm that went through south FL a couple weeks ago? We were in Indian Rocks and really didn't get any of it, but south of us was bad.
May have been, Kdog... not sure exactly where the line went after passing by us but do know the date we got hit was May 10th.

We got hit on the 3rd or 4th day of a big storm line pushing eastward from the central US, having spun lots of tornadoes earlier in Oklahoma, Missouri, Kentucky, and Tennessee before making its way down towards us.

Funny thing is I had called both my brothers the night before to forewarn them that TN (one brother in Nashville) and North Georgia (other brother in Riinggold, GA) were potentially in the crosshairs... they both made it through unscathed.

Warnings weren't issued for us near Tallahassee until the tornadoes were actually on the ground around 7:15am. Thankfully I had looked at the radar first thing when I woke up and noticed a nasty storm line heading our way so told my daughter we needed to take her to school 30 minutes early. As fate would have it, leaving early put us north of the tornado paths by about 5 miles though it was blind luck as no warnings had yet been issued when we got on the road. Made it about half way to my daughter's school when all of our phones blew up at the same time with tornado warnings alerts.

Didn't know my property had been in the path until one of my neighbors who is retired called and asked if our house was ok / told me that they had lost about 100 trees. Neighbor asked if I wanted them to check my house and I told them no and that I would head that way immediately. Took me about two hours to find a way to reach the house not completely blocked by trees. We were without power for several days. Speaking to just how hard the Tallahasssee area got hit, more power poles were knocked out by the tornadoes than by 3 of the last hurricanes to hit us combined.

2024 Tornado Info.jpg

The area was hit by at least 3 tornadoes with 2 of them merging close to the FSU campus/downtown area and with the paths of the two longest tornadoes each being approximately 30 miles long.

Tornado Paths.jpg