Soil tests

NWWI

5 year old buck +
Where does everyone do their soil tests? I don't need anything fancy. I am in northwestern Wisconsin.

I have brought mine into the local county office, and they did them for a few bucks. But the past few years I send them into the U of M in MN.

University of MN

Biologic. Cheap, easy, and fast. Admittedly not as detailed of a test as others but it's enough for what I need.

I'm in Missouri and used the University of Missouri extension. It wasn't cheap but I think it was worth it to,get the most detailed reports I could. I'm sure every state has something similar.

UW

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Most states have Ag. Universities that do soil tests. Some are free and some charge a small fee. Not sure how Wisconsin stacks up but NC State does them for the state of North Carolina. Farmers, landowners and home owners can send them there and get a full report back in a couple of weeks via E-mail. No fee is charged from April 1 to November 30th and it only costs $4 per sample December 1st- March 31st (when farmers are getting their fields tested for spring, Large Volume). These tests are in depth and give you lime and fertilizer requirements for the crop or crops being grown. Contact your local county extension agents for further info or local farmers and garden centers should be able to give you some assistance.