Sneaky Bastages

BradB

5 year old buck +
My buddy shot one of the mature bucks we have had on camera all year Friday afternoon, but unfortunately only wounded it. It was a very old really big bodied 6 point. Got to thinking about where it was shot and it made me think he may have had us hunters figured out a lot better than we had him figured out.

On the aerial below the red is an absolutely nasty mess of Kudzu and head high crap that adjoins the south side of the clear area above it where we have historically entered and usually parked to hunt the entire east side of my property.This summer we cut a new firelane (in yellow) and created a long narrow food plot (green).Also got a low water creek crossing in that allows us to get to that side without coming in that way.My buddy came in the new way and sat a stand at the sw end of the plot. Anyway mister buck got shot crossing the lane/plot headed south from the red, probably headed to my plots and to my neighbors feeders to the south.My conjecture is that sucker has probably bedded in that nasty for years and just eased off the south side and left the zip code every time we pulled in there to hunt.
big%20buchk_zpsc2gjsz52.png

I do believe this happens more times than we give them credit for. Their way of co-existing with us.