Smell from blind chairs?

bjseiler

5 year old buck +
I have four Roger’s swivel deer blind chairs that I mistakenly left in unsealed blinds last year. Mice/squirrels have used them as some kind of combined home and outhouse. The smell on these things almost knocks you out. I tried the power washer yesterday. I was going to try cover them in baking soda today. Any miracle cures or should I trash them? No replacement covers available.

I have four Roger’s swivel deer blind chairs that I mistakenly left in unsealed blinds last year. Mice/squirrels have used them as some kind of combined home and outhouse. The smell on these things almost knocks you out. I tried the power washer yesterday. I was going to try cover them in baking soda today. Any miracle cures or should I trash them? No replacement covers available.

Chlorine dioxide. I don’t know the formula, but u can get tablets from a company called Safrax. It’s a lot to explain, but do some googling. I’ve never tried it, but the chemistry is supposed to be pretty amazing to deodorize things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had pretty good success with making a baking soda paste and lots of sun time.

How much did they cost?

$120 I think so it only makes sense to do so much before you just say screw it and buy new ones.

$120 total? I would buy new ones.

each

They are currently smothered in baking soda paste. I'll power wash again tomorrow and see how that goes. Thanks!

Is there a creek nearby? Maybe put them in and let them rinse for a day or two?

This is what I was talking about. If these chairs will fit in a large garbage bag, like a plastic yard waste bag, you can drop a few tablets in a jar of water, seal up the bag and let it sit for a day. Be damn careful not to breathe this in though. Apparently this has been an industrial cleaning and deodorizing in use for decades.

I've thown away two upholstered office chairs that the mice got into. In the blinds that mice can get into. Now......I have put steel folding chairs and we bring a cushion to sit on. I've been putting some of the pouches of mouse repllent from Menards in my blinds now. (Grandpa Gus is the name - I think). They seem to work pretty good for about a month or two. The mice also seem to build a nest in my Mr Heater Buddy units....and that ruins the heater. I have put some dryer sheets under those heaters.....and so far that has worked. F'n Biden. lol

One nice thing about the Redneck blinds we have....the mice have not gotten into them.

Pet stores will sell a sprayable urine destroyer product. I'd give that a try.

When my dogs get sprayed by a skunk we mix baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and dawn dish detergent together as a wash (or even a paste). I believe this formula breaks down both oil and water soluble compounds?

Not perfect but maybe worth a shot?

Bounce fabric softener sheets are my go to method of critter discouragement. But has anyone heard of using “hedge balls” for same?