Small Plot seeding advice for a 4 grain mix

Close up. All the grains are 5 inches tall. I cant tell the difference between wheat, oats or rye at this stage. Its thick though. 20160828_145229.jpg

Last edited:
1.jpg 2.jpg
Oats, Rye, Wheat and Peas going strong and looking like a nice shag carpet.

4 seed brassica mix with a littler rye is getting fertilized with nitrogen today and with showers in the forecast all week should be on the move quickly in the next week.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 11
Very nice, BCO. Deer are gonna love it.

4 seed brassica mix with a touch of rye is looking great. IMG_56511.jpg

A little update on this one. My friend who bow hunted here was able to take a doe that was cutting between plots early season, a 7 ptr scent checking does in November and a goofy half rack opening night of gun who was nibbling in the brassica mix. For year one of plots on that property and a very last minute idea he had a heck of a time hunting that area.

I talked him into putting a scrape tree dead center in the grain plot and he has all the pics you would ever want on that camera. 1 resident buck all summer and then October 25th all kinds of visitors started popping up and they really like the wheat, rye, oats, peas mix. I have not got a chance to see the brassica mix in person yet but it had 4 more weeks of warm weather after the picture above where the greens are the size of a hand. First time using that mix so I am hoping it put some bulbs on. I would like to use it next year myself.