Size matters?

Black Swamp

5 year old buck +
So I was putting in a new plot that has ag fields all around it and a 40 acre woods that this plot will butt up against in the se corner. Do u guys think a 30 yard by 90 yard plot surrounded with fruit trees would be a good bet? Fruit trees would be 3 deep all the way around.

So I was putting in a new plot that has ag fields all around it and a 40 acre woods that this plot will butt up against in the se corner. Do u guys think a 30 yard by 90 yard plot surrounded with fruit trees would be a good bet? Fruit trees would be 3 deep all the way around.
What kind of ag surrounds you? Give 'em someting different that will be prime in fall, especially if those crops have been picked.
I like pears, too. Easy to grow and maintain and deer love them. Get later dropping varieties.
Crabs are also great and easy.

SW Pa

That sounds like an orchard so it will be a great draw. Apples trump everything else in my area but we don't have ag.

Aside from the food plot you should look at providing bedding cover if needed. Put the plot in and you might just get yourself a killer staging area before they go to the big ag fields at night and then the same in the morning coming off those fields. This is very similar to my setup and it works very very nicely.

Should I make the plot bigger? Right now I have enterprise, Arkansas black, and liberty for apples. For pears it will be kieffer and moonglow. Persimmons, American plum and drawf chinkipan oaks. They will all surround the plot in groups 3 deep I'm thinking. The ag around it is corn and soybeans. i was thinking about making the plot durana clover? Should I make my plot bigger? Ideas?

Half acre seems legit for your scenario.

Perfect size. I have nothing but AG fields around me corn beans and hay. I plant clover for all season draw and by me they go crazy over it. I'm starting to plant apple tree by me! I plant rape and turnips for winter food source and they go crazy for them when there snow on the ground.

That's just over half an acre. I think that's a great size to work with, especially with thick cover around it.