Shotgun mount I like

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
I sent a BPS off to Da Mar Gunsmiths in NY and had one of their mounts installed. I love how the screws go into the side, which gives extra strength, and it allows you to get to them to check for tightness.

Seemed a little pricey, but not so bad when you consider gunsmiths get $20 per hole around here for drilling and tapping. Total cost was $190 which included the following:

Mount
Installing the mount (including drilling and tapping 6 holes)
1 set of Millett Steel Angle Loc rings
Shipping both ways

Looks Nice. Is it tapped/screwed on both sides. Looks nice and solid. Is that your deer gun? What type of slugs do you run?

Its always worth getting what you want and paying a premium is often worth it. I have a rifle I need to have blued and a new scope mounted. I know there are different types of blueing, have you seen anything you like?

Looks Nice. Is it tapped/screwed on both sides. Looks nice and solid. Is that your deer gun? What type of slugs do you run?

Its always worth getting what you want and paying a premium is often worth it. I have a rifle I need to have blued and a new scope mounted. I know there are different types of blueing, have you seen anything you like?

Yes, it is done on both sides. Actually, rather than a deer gun, this is a gun I use in NWTF Turkey Shoot Competitions, but you could change the choke, and it would make a good deer gun. We hunt with rifles here.

As for the blue job, I would go with one of two options unless you just like the traditional slick blue look. First, you could do Parkerizing, which would be a finish like a typical AR type gun. This is a tough finish. Or, you could do a camo dip, which would be similar to the camo guns that come out from the factory.

I've never done any business with the guy below but he has a good name. Check out the link:

http://www.camo-solutions.com/

Yes, it is done on both sides. Actually, rather than a deer gun, this is a gun I use in NWTF Turkey Shoot Competitions, but you could change the choke, and it would make a good deer gun. We hunt with rifles here.

As for the blue job, I would go with one of two options unless you just like the traditional slick blue look. First, you could do Parkerizing, which would be a finish like a typical AR type gun. This is a tough finish. Or, you could do a camo dip, which would be similar to the camo guns that come out from the factory.

I've never done any business with the guy below but he has a good name. Check out the link:

http://www.camo-solutions.com/

For this application I like the idea of Parkerizing. I have a 7mm sako with synthetic stock that has some wear that I want to refresh and put a new scope on. The gun is pretty heavy and will be used for making long shots in my open country prairie grass.

What power scope do you have on that shotgun? What kind of shots are you making in your competition?

Thanks for the link.

For this application I like the idea of Parkerizing. I have a 7mm sako with synthetic stock that has some wear that I want to refresh and put a new scope on. The gun is pretty heavy and will be used for making long shots in my open country prairie grass.

What power scope do you have on that shotgun? What kind of shots are you making in your competition?

Thanks for the link.

Well, I have way more scope than is needed for the competition. It's a 4 X 14 rifle scope. We are shooting 3 inch turkey load at targets 40 yards away. That barrel you are looking at on that gun holds the current all time world record in the competitions - 54 #6 shot in a 3 inch circle at 40 yards. And, its a stock barrel shooting factory ammo from a stock Indian Creek choke.