All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shooting house heater - what works best?

View attachment 3163
My buddy was a little pissed! I went to one shooting house and he went to the other. I stayed all day (with my Mr. Heater) and he was done before noon - too cold. I showed him my heater and he wasn't sure what to say. I have money that he buys one for next year. Now I have to put actual glass windows in to better hold the heat inside. I only used it once I needed it. Got a total of about 5 or 6 hours of use off of the one bottle. May put it to use here again during our muzzleloader season as well.

I've got one heater like shown above by J-Bird. These don't put out the heat that the Little Buddy Heaters throw.....and they are a bit louder, and IMO easier to tip. Not saying they don't work.....just that to me the Little Buddy heaters are much better.....and they only cost a little more.

I have used these smaller sized heaters in a ladder stand with a curtain around it. They provide a bit more room and are a little more portable. Sometimes I melt stuff that gets to close tho......and worry about catching fire. :( Heat makes it all seem worth the risk. ;) o_O

if 36 is cold you may want the big buddy instead of the little buddy ;)

I just wanted someting to keep me hunting. If I can put glass/plexi glass over the windows (to contain more of the heat inside the blind) I think it will work that much better (may even add some reflective insulation). As is - I'm fairly happy. I can put this in my pack (yep it's a dandy) and take it back and forth if I need to. I saw the bigger ones, but I was concerned about the noise level and didn't intend on leaving it in the blind (I didn't want to share -mine). Once I started to get cold I fired it up and put it between my feet just like in the pic and simply kept my hands over it. Trying to keep the cold under control - not trying to create a sauna! If I make it too nice the wife will want to come along - good way for her to have an "accident" or for me to have a "breakdown"!