Shooting bench

Thats something that is on my project list.

After years of using a portable table, my son found shooting bench plans online n built us a bench for the farm.
View attachment 44341View attachment 44342View attachment 44343
There is something to be said for a good solid shooting bench for sure.

I built 2 of these on our property:

Thinking about applying for a patent on the stool :)
IMG_3255.JPG

100 yard range
IMG_2877.jpg

200 yard range
IMG_7835.jpg

We built one identical to this. Put in a 500 yard range. Solid as a rock.

We have one just like it - maybe five years now - out in the weather the whole time. Getting a little rough around the edges, but still solid. I built one with a granite top - it is really nice, gun rest slides easily on top - but you could fry an egg on it in the summer

just a FYI< if you guys using treated wood, would coat them with a good stain wood sealer, they will last a lot longer and not get as dry and have as many slivers sticking up as the wood ages on you's!
its a fats easy way to get more/longer use out of them!

007B8B71-6DA4-4A94-B1AA-17DAB10EC2A5.jpeg
I use white MDF board and make a form and pour my shooting bench tops out of concrete. I get many years of service out of them. These are a couple spares I poured last time I was fooling with pouring them. One of my coworkers and his son in-law both think they need these two.

One of the leg system styles that I’ve used that works well the cross bracing is a requirement to solid them up. This is my home bench under a roof next to the man cave it’s only a 385yd range but good enough for working up loads.
C6D341A6-8EF9-4E1B-8F44-7F800DF5CD21.jpeg

One of the leg system styles that I’ve used that works well the cross bracing is a requirement to solid them up. This is my home bench under a roof next to the man cave it’s only a 385yd range but good enough for working up loads.
View attachment 44348
I'm going to need to see more pics :) Thanks!

I'm going to need to see more pics :) Thanks!
Of the legs or what exactly do you want to see more photos of? I have that one at the house three more at the farm one at my brothers one I gave away as a house warming gift. I did poured concrete legs on one of them but to be honest I probably prefer the steel leg system.

Of the legs or what exactly do you want to see more photos of? I have that one at the house three more at the farm one at my brothers one I gave away as a house warming gift. I did poured concrete legs on one of them but to be honest I probably prefer the steel leg system.
I'd like to see a pic of the whole thing, but mainly interested in the too. Very cool!

Using the white mdf board as a mold makes a very very smooth concrete finish very nice on the elbows 😉

Tops need resealed

In my neck of the woods I’d have to mak 5 shots to reach out to 1000 yrds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. The farthest you can see on my 1/4 section is 200 yards - only in my 2 largest destination food plots.

Got the shooting bench set up down at the farm. Located at end of cabin under covered porch.
88E6F3F4-73DE-46E5-88F9-4A6B2D8F2C7C.jpeg

Farthest dirt mound is 300 yds.
8F98A3BD-73C1-434E-85FC-617A33A6053D.jpeg

Very nice folks!