SD’s Buy-no-trees forest ease

My saws will be coming out this week, but main reason is for firewood for next year, but same results for wildlife. The deer give no cares if I stack the logs or leave them lay.

My saws will be coming out this week, but main reason is for firewood for next year, but same results for wildlife. The deer give no cares if I stack the logs or leave them lay.

When we used to burn wood, those little firewood clearing s would make browse feeding areas. We had few oaks, but I would cut everything else in an area, leave a mature patch, and start another cut.

I paid for much of college with birch firewood sales to the metro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we used to burn wood, those little firewood clearing s would make browse feeding areas. We had few oaks, but I would cut everything else in an area, leave a mature patch, and start another cut.

I paid for much of college with birch firewood sales to the metro.

I piled up some of my ash logs last winter. I cut them down to small enough lengths I could get them out to the trail. This year, I went back and finished cutting them and split them right there with the limb ax and hauled them home. I was pretty proud of that idea. Left all the splitting mess in the woods.

I never did take a pic of my new grilling firewood pile before I left camp. It was pretty sweet looking.

I piled up some of my ash logs last winter. I cut them down to small enough lengths I could get them out to the trail. This year, I went back and finished cutting them and split them right there with the limb ax and hauled them home. I was pretty proud of that idea. Left all the splitting mess in the woods.

I never did take a pic of my new grilling firewood pile before I left camp. It was pretty sweet looking.

I split the birch firewood with a splitting maul and piled it right near the trail in the woods.

I split the birch firewood with a splitting maul and piled it right near the trail in the woods.

That seems like a pretty decent way to pay for school.

That seems like a pretty decent way to pay for school.

We didn’t have all of the peddler’s license and other limitations in the metro in those days. I never had a bad check either.