saw this over on the dark side. good video

foggy

5 year old buck +
how do these guys shoot that well?

Sign me up for that experience. Looks like allot of fun.

I'd like to see the guns they are using, particularly the sites.

Bad mother-how can you shoot all those innocent women and children?

It's easy, you don't lead them as much.....

I'm not sure what those sights are?? Floating red dot sight? You couldn't handle much magnification with that ride.

from what i could see...they are shotguns. if you watch the ejection ports in some of the slo-mo segments you can see the shot shells being ejected. Which also explains those ginormous magazines....need pretty big magazines to house 20-30 rounds of 12 ga buck shot. they look like holographic red-dot sights as well....little to no magnification needed.

I read an article on the rigs alot of these outfits run...the bulk of them run shotguns like in this video.

I did see some pretty scary muzzle awareness throughout the video tho....could just have been the camera angle, but either way it was enough to make me cringe...often. Sure as hell looks like fun....but for God's sake the secondary shooter needs to be ultra aware of the primary's position in relation to his muzzle at all times! i could also see some one getting a little too pumped up and shooting their feet or the struts...or worse the rotor on a hard bank with pigs running directly away.

Doesn't look like the Cross bow do much damage to the hogs. It does look like a shotgun shell being ejected.

Last edited:
They look like eotech scopes. I felt the same way about that muzzle control. It almost looks like they need wide-open country to be effective.

It looked like they switch back and fourth with the camera, from one guy with a shotgun and another with a AR. Not that it matters to the Hog!

Those pigs are tough to kill sometimes. I shot one in Texas with a 308 three times to kill it. My buddy shot one with a 300 short mag and did not find his!

it looks like they were predominately using the MKA 1919...which is an AR variant shotgun. so it looks pretty much like an AR....but its a shotgun.
http://gundetails.com/the-mka-1919-shotgun-review-not-your-fathers-shotgun/#.VAYazPldWBQ

i also think i saw a couple of Saiga 12's...which is and AK variant shotgun.
http://www.gunlistings.org/florida-gun-classifieds/tampa_bay_area/shotguns/9511/saiga_12_tactical

I have heard some hog horror stories...seems like they just don't die easily. from what i can tell, they are hitting these hogs from above and most likely delivering a fair amount of pay load to the spine. Saw a lot of those hogs drop, roll, and the legs were held out straight...indicative of the spine being compromised.

What were all the warning shots for???? LOL, just kidding...great shooting.

This whole issue with QDMA is funny ... some of the folks who are so against QDMA, are still posting and actively involved on QDMA ...

This forum should embrace a cooperative effort with QDMA ... or once again hunters let ego get in the way of a decisive force.

I have friends who went heli-hunting, and they used a variety of weapons, but they primarily used rifles on their trip. I think they had 70 something confirmed kills, a few of which were smaller varmints (yotes, raccoons, etc.). What they don't show is that it can take some time to convince the hogs to come out in the open, especially if they've played the game before.

This whole issue with QDMA is funny ... some of the folks who are so against QDMA, are still posting and actively involved on QDMA ...

This forum should embrace a cooperative effort with QDMA ... or once again hunters let ego get in the way of a decisive force.

Co-operative? Funny? FUNNY??? Nothing funny about the way QDMA treated me or hunters in MN. I resent folks that won't talk about real issues and instead ban you from their site for just stating the facts. Pfffft.

And....they have never had any "club" in Pequot Lakes despite having a dot showing an active club here for several years.......then ban me from their site for stating that fact. I resent folks that misrepresent their "clubs" here. Funny? Duh. Not so much. Don't bring that load over here. TYVM

This was a hog hunting thread. Not a QDMA thread.

Last edited:
So.....that's buckshot for loads? Pretty effective at downing those hogs! I'm not sure I could hang out the side of a helicopter and hit anything. I get vertigo thinking about it. :confused:

That is what I would be afraid of. Spending most of my $2,500 looking instead of shooting!
They split the cost up between 4 or 5 of them and took turns shooting. I think they were into it for $500 something a person (but this was a few years ago.) They got plenty of shooting, but the videos edit out the initial part of the hunt and fast-forward to the good stuff. An hour of flying is not an hour of shooting!

Why?

Is it against the law to post on 2 sites?

Not at all ... hypocracy & manipulation are never about laws ... just self respect and personal values ...

They split the cost up between 4 or 5 of them and took turns shooting. I think they were into it for $500 something a person (but this was a few years ago.) They got plenty of shooting, but the videos edit out the initial part of the hunt and fast-forward to the good stuff. An hour of flying is not an hour of shooting!
Yep.....but we would not watch an hour of the parts that they edited out. We have a short attention span and want some ACTION. ;)

Yep.....but we would not watch an hour of the parts that they edited out. We have a short attention span and want some ACTION. ;)
TRUTH! :D