Savage Axis 2

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Picked up a Savage Axis 2 in 308 for $414 with bushnell scope.

Usually take the scope off and leave them for 22's, but I am going to keep the scope. Likely swap out the scope mount. Looks like one that might come loose on you at the worst time.....

Anybody bought a Axis?

Havent shot it yet. I usally like a deep but smooth 4-5lb trigger pull. I noticed it's adjustable. Haven't shot it yet.

Telemark

5 year old buck +
I have two of the original Axis. One in 308 and one in 223. Excellent guns. I don't care for the Accutrigger, so I avoided the Axis 2. I have replaced the scope and mount for both my rifles, and I recommend you do the same. The Bushnell that came on my. 308 flat out broke internally, and they never fixed it.

H20fwler

5 year old buck +
I’ve got one in 243 topped it with a Vortex Viper.

Very accurate, I use it on coyotes and pronghorns.
Flat out deadly rifles at a great price.

b116757

5 year old buck +
I’ve not picked up an axis yet but for the money they look to be a great little rifle. My cousin did pick one up in 223 but I’ve not been around to see his yet he seems happy with its accuracy.

Angus 1895

5 year old buck +
I sighted in a 270 axis for a buddy

He bought it at cabelas they sold him a Burris scope and low rings

The rings were so low when I set the scope for eye relief the bolt wouldn’t open. The Handel hit the rear scope bell

I had to bubba up and grind the bolt Handel to get it to work

It shoot s fine.

Mortenson

5 year old buck +
Looking at the Savage in 350 Legend for my 10 year old's first deer season this fall. Would anyone recommend the Axis XP over the Axis II? XP has a 4" shorter barrel and doesn't have the Accutrigger. Think that would be a mistake? XP is in stock at my local store, whereas backorder on the II. Comes with the forementioned junk rings and a Weaver scope.

Telemark

5 year old buck +
I prefer it without the Accutrigger.

Mortenson

5 year old buck +
I prefer it without the Accutrigger.
That was good enough for him. We made the order. Bird in the hand.

Skeeter

5 year old buck +
I gave my nephew one in .243 a number of years ago that didn't have the accutrigger. I don't remember what model it was in the axis line, but had to be on the cheaper end. Trigger was horrible. He ended up watching a YouTube video or two and did a little easy work on it. Made the trigger 10x better. Shoots great now.