Satisfied with Rock River Arms Upper

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
I bought a RRA 24 inch upper and put on a Colt lower with a CMC trigger. Today was my first try and I'm very pleased. Getting sub 1/2 MOA with factory ammo on a day not very good to shoot. The heat mirage was killing me. Now I'm finally done buying ARs. I have everything I want.

IMG_3876.jpeg

IMG_3874.jpeg
IMG_3873.jpeg

IMG_3878.jpeg
IMG_3871.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3872.jpeg
    IMG_3872.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Had a RRA predator pursuit 20” upper that shot like that. Way better than my dpms and BCM uppers. They make accurate ARs!

Very nice! I like it, do you happen to have a link to what you ordered?

Very nice! I like it, do you happen to have a link to what you ordered?

Here is the link. It's the varmint upper. The choices I made were:
1. 24 inch barrel
2. 1 in 8 twist
3. I paid $70 extra for a threaded barrel with an A2 flash hider. You should see the option to add this.

Had a RRA predator pursuit 20” upper that shot like that. Way better than my dpms and BCM uppers. They make accurate ARs!
I wonder how much the cryogenic treating process helps. I have to believe it makes a difference.

I wonder how much the cryogenic treating process helps. I have to believe it makes a difference.
I have no idea. If other barrels not treated have residual stress, it makes sense that these would shoot better. I’m pretty sure RRA uses Wilson barrel blanks. Now that krieger, bartlein, and co are getting $450 for a blank I was thinking about giving a Wilson blank a try on a bolt gun because they are more like $200 and people seem to be doing well with them!

The other thing i wonder.. My BCM is gassed pretty heavy. Runs like a top where as my RRA upper was a little more sluggish (but functional). I was at the range with a buddy a couple weeks ago who is on his 3rd barrel on a high end JP that he puts thousands of rounds through annually on prairie dogs. He adjusted the gas block to be less open and immediately started getting better groups with his freshly installed bartlein barrel. Makes me wonder if RRA doesn't set em up to be a little less gassy but more accurate? Just thinking out loud, i don't know much about the inner workings of ARs.