Safe Line

scott44

5 year old buck +
Went to Menards tonight and walked through their hunting section and picked up a Muddy Safe line for $24.99, I've seen these in other sporting goods stores for $39.99. I've added these to all my hang-on stands.

I need to get some of these. I am going to be buying some of the HSS rope style tree straps so I can leave them at each stand. I was thinking about starting a thead to see if anyone has made their own lifelines or rope style tree straps.

Has anyone made their own lifelines?

Sad that we all spend 100's if not 1000's each year on different habitat projects and hunting gear, yet we are reluctant to spend $50 for safety devices that may save our lives. I'll be the first to admit that I'm behind the ball on this one. This is the first season I have ever used a safety harness :eek:. All of my treestand hunting is done out of ladder stands or climbers, never higher than 15' or so. <------ This is no excuse!

Climbing in and out is where must falls happen. We buy used climbing rope on ebay. Some have been up 15 years and no chewing from the squirrels.

Why don't the squirrels chew it? is beyond me. I have asked the question a million times. They never touch them.

We have a lifeline on every stand. Well worth the piece of mind.

And yes, knock on wood, the squirrels don't touch them.

Imo too big of diameter and the material is tuff. They will auger thru a seat cushion or thin bow drop cord.

what do you usually pay per foot?

I need to get some of these. I am going to be buying some of the HSS rope style tree straps so I can leave them at each stand. I was thinking about starting a thead to see if anyone has made their own lifelines or rope style tree straps.

Has anyone made their own lifelines?
I have made my own, I bought a 100' piece of rope and made 4-25' safety ropes. Pretty easy to do just make sure of the rating on the rope you buy. Like NoFo stated cliimbing rope is prefered. I'm going to look into the used climbing rope too.
THis is the knot that slides up and down.
http://www.animatedknots.com/prusik/

Last edited: