Road side shopping

Skelly

5 year old buck +
Had to do a U-turn on back country road to do some road side shopping. Picked about 110 Chinese chestnut from the side of the road.

Add this to the plan.

My wife says I need to go buy my own fridge. My habit is infringing on domain.
1AFF5E57-DF5F-4A55-B569-6EC0F3F4EE58.jpeg

Been there and done that on both the U turn and wife getting upset about the fridge. My U turn this year was for several chinquapin trees. With the fridge, I cannot understand why she can leave things in there until they are unidentifiable, but somehow bags of nuts are in the way and need to be cleared out immediately.

Nice haul of chestnuts.

Last edited:
That’s funny, my wife is the exact same way with stratifying in fridge!

Sweet find Skelly.

I told her last week that I read on here that persimmon seeds that pass through a Fox are better seeds to germinate

I happened to mention I had found a pile of Fox scat out in the woods... well I didn’t get to tell the whole story out before she gave me a “you better not have look”. Told her they were cleaned and in a sealed bag.

She’s great about all this but I probably pushed my luck on that one.

Get you a college fridge at a yard sale! I get acorns and the like all the time and get some strange looks in the process. not every day you see a grown man on his hands and knees crawling around on the ground with a wal-mart bag......people must think I'm on drugs!!!!

Lol. I’m Familiar with the look

You fellas just need to buy a small fridge

I have one in the man cave ........keep mama happy

bill

You can also get full size used fridge fairly reasonable for the garage as well.....shorter walk for a cold one when tinkering on the car or truck as well!!!! Lots more room for scions, acorns and dead critters needing skinned!!!

........and Coors Lite is easier to stratify than chestnuts

bill