Riggs field day/land tour

It goes better when you live on the deer hunting ground. If my wife was home, I could get outside for short periods of time and still be home to spend periods of time with the kids.

Riggs- Remember the family comes first!
Good words for all of us Art, I'm passionate about this stuff but without my family it all means nothing.

Where I cut an opening in the woods and made a "plum thicket," thistles have filled in the spaces. I now have 4 year old plums in tubes and thistles. No suckers yet. My hope is that in a few years the plums will just shade out the thistles, but for now, I have to admit, this is some of the most favored cover on my place. It seems you are a few years behind me, and I can tell you as you go, your projects will get exponentially better. With the rain this year, a lot of my stuff is taking off. The shrubs I planted a few years ago bloomed this year. I'm hoping I will get some elderberry, ninebark and arrowood popping up around the place, for example. Persimmons I had nearly given up on have grown more this year than the previous 3 combined. I could give 20 more examples, but you get the idea. It really is a great feeling watching this stuff work. Sandbur is right, though. It can quickly become a total obsession. If it ever threatens your relationship with your family, take a step back, the deer can wait.

Anyone know what this weed is? Deer sure seem to like it and it is all over in my bean/turnip plot.
f13841515254a042d958b85b7717954b.jpg

1e4d708c40663876952f718e11e8e7f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was one that I found online but the pics were a little different. I'm guessing you're right though, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk