Reloading

247Deer ( from post #13 ) - I'm no expert at rifle loads. Isn't the 6mm a .244 caliber - and is .001 larger than a .243 ?? With all the emphasis on exacting measurements and weights, can the .243 cartridge be used in the 6mm ??

Any knowledgeable loaders please chime in.

No..the .243 and 6mm Remington are completely different guns. .. 6mm remmington is a cartridge but I am fairly confident it uses the 6mm bullet along with the .243. Both completely different cartridges. One took off and the other fell by the way side. .243 is a great gun but so is the 6mm Remington. flip a coin.. both great guns. Me. it is easier to find .243 brass than 6mm rem brass. case closed. ballistically 6mm better gun. REALLISTICALLY .243 better gun, brass sourcing only reason.

reminds me of my buddy with a .264 winchester mag. Why??? great gun but try to find brass. I told him to go with the .270 WSM only beef on the .264 is that it is a HOT barrel. heavy loads and HOT.

247Deer ( from post #13 ) - I'm no expert at rifle loads. Isn't the 6mm a .244 caliber - and is .001 larger than a .243 ?? With all the emphasis on exacting measurements and weights, can the .243 cartridge be used in the 6mm ??

Any knowledgeable loaders please chime in.
The 6mm is the same as 243 as a bullet

I don't enjoy shooting guns that I don't reload the bullets for. Kind of like hunting out of someone else's stand when you have no knowledge of the area or the deer that live there. The whole fun of hunting for me is the plots...the sheds...the pictures...the cat and mouse game with a certain buck. Same with reloading. Pick up a gun and shoot it. Does it shoot one ragged hole at 100 yards? Think we can find a load that does? That is what makes shooting fun to me. I also reload because a handful of my guns didn't or still don't have a factory offering. I like to shoot wildcat type guns.IMG_20171011_083120430.jpg