Redfree?

sandbur

5 year old buck +
Any comments on this Apple?
Hardy in all parts of zone 4?

I have been searching for a source for next spring of it on B 118 or dolgo , maybe on Anty with no luck.

It looks like Starks has dropped it for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In zone 6a, I have a Redfree on G30 planted in 2015. Tree from Cummins. Nice crops in 2016 and 2017. Ripens in early/mid august. Ripens about the same time as my William's Pride. Ok flavor but not spectactular. Texture better than Williams Pride. Hoping Pristine will be better when it starts producing for me. I can get you Redfree scionwood this winter if you want to graft your own.

No idea on how it would do in zone 4, but I can send scions next year if you'd like.
I've got a redfree on its 2nd leaf.
Any comments on this Apple?
Hardy in all parts of zone 4?

I have been searching for a source for next spring of it on B 118 or dolgo , maybe on Anty with no luck.

It looks like Starks has dropped it for some reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In zone 6a, I have a Redfree on G30 planted in 2015. Tree from Cummins. Nice crops in 2016 and 2017. Ripens in early/mid august. Ripens about the same time as my William's Pride. Ok flavor but not spectactular. Texture better than Williams Pride. Hoping Pristine will be better when it starts producing for me. I can get you Redfree scionwood this winter if you want to graft your own.

I am looking for something different with cedar Apple rust resistance. Perhaps the poor showing on flavor is why Starks dropped it.

My Red Baron is getting old and maybe I should just plant another one of those. Another suggestion was Snowsweet. I have three of those, two planted this spring.

I have Redfree, should get my first fruit off of it this year. Disease resistance has been good thus far. Seems to swell at the graft union on B118, though the trees thus far on it are growing well. I really like the flavor of Pristine, actually ate most of one that I thinned off a tree yesterday. Not quite ripe, but not bad. Pristine was ripe by the end of July last year. I have noticed a very slight amount of CAR on Pristine, but not enough to warrant spraying.

I wouldn't make anything from Stark's listing. Best sellers stay while others get moved in and out of production to vary the offerings.

I have Redfree, should get my first fruit off of it this year. Disease resistance has been good thus far. Seems to swell at the graft union on B118, though the trees thus far on it are growing well. I really like the flavor of Pristine, actually ate most of one that I thinned off a tree yesterday. Not quite ripe, but not bad. Pristine was ripe by the end of July last year. I have noticed a very slight amount of CAR on Pristine, but not enough to warrant spraying.

What do you have for CAR resistant, zone 3-4 hardy, and available next spring?

What do you have for CAR resistant, zone 3-4 hardy, and available next spring?

Big Dog! Or perhaps Yellow Dog!! LOL

Actually I hate to say yet as lots of hail season to go through yet. Check the website in late August as that is when I post up the expected inventory for spring.

I planted a redfree from Chris this spring and it is growing great! Already has an apple on it! I should have plucked it but figured I’d let one go. This is at my home orchard where i can spoil it so figured what the hell. At the lake now. Will post pics when i return home later this wk. Seems like a great option for an early season apple! I will be planting a couple more at the farm.

I can let you know in a couple of years! Grafted one this spring on B.118.