QHMG Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bat man thing was the final straw. I'd spent so much time facilitating the platform for the MDDI, that being given a pittance after waiting for it for 10 months caused the whole situation to collapse. You don't know the details of that deal, and it's not really important anymore. I was paid what he thought I was worth, and it wasn't even close to what I think would've been reasonable.

That brings up the issue of censorship. Is telling someone you never want to see them again, as an admin, an abuse of power? I did reinstate his posting, but that only lasted about 2 hours when I decided I didn't want to entertain the fallout of it. Just like my dealings with Snaro were severed, I was done with the drama that would ensue. I could walk away and let the forum do it's own thing, but legally I'm tied to it as admin - something I'm not willing to do via proxy. So I pulled the plug.

I always encouraged using a hosting account for pics, but that was "too much bother" for some (not going to name anyone). So I logged in to my happy place on the web and it was bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch for the last month due to the server issues I had zero control over.

But the real deal breaker, outside of no one stepping up to take the reigns, was that I've come to realize we (most of you, and I) have vastly different goals, and my vision for where I want to be is not a trophy deer manager/hunter. As so many have pointed out (correctly), MN has a culture problem and it's not likely to change any time soon. Deer are an important part of my management plan, but they're becoming more and more marginalized in the grand scheme as I work towards living on my parcel. I just don't relate to your common goal anymore. My heart's not in it. That's why I left the QHMG on Fb. It's time for me to focus on other things.

Jim I don't blame you one bit.

Jim, you really should just let it go. What's done is done. You have your side, he has his, and noone on this forum or yours will probably ever know or care what the details are. All you can possibly do now is create more bad blood.

Jim I don't know anything about it. But I do understand the Admin issues.

I responded to the butthurt comment. I've thrown out everything related to that situation, and I feel great about putting it behind me.

I'm not here to hash things out either. I said my peace, and I'm not going to argue anything. No one needs to agree or disagree. As Mo said, it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.