Pulling the trigger!

That is great!

congrats on both the land and up coming grand kid

if I was you I would be renting out the pasture land, and taking that money to be had there
it will do many things for you, from adding a lot of food for your wildlife on the property, tyo maintaining the land with boost in what farmer add to the soil to grow things with higher yields for them, to make $$
it will also keep the pastures from growing up into maybe something you don;t want
that grand kid(or more down the road)
won;t be driving any ATV 's for many yrs, so why have to up keep it , to stay open for them, you can always STOP renting when ever you wish, if you do yr to yr rentals!

as again, having a farmer work the land, saves you a lot of seat time and wear and tear on your equipment, and a lot of your money to keep the area open and well maintained

odds are renal of good AG land wioll bring a good penny in the yrs to come as well, as I doubt anything is getting cheaper and as prices climb on all things, so will what rentals costs and $$ you can get from them!

Congratulations again.

I’ve had the bulldozer out to my new ground already. A few plots. Pond is next.
We planted about a mile and half of road screens.

next trip we’ll be putting up stands. Poke and hope style.

Lots of edge feathering coming in the next year or so and making a general mess with a chainsaw ;)

Congrats! It looks like an awesome chunk of property! Like you said, very different from what you had.

Maybe I missed it but, what state is this in?

I have all my open ag land farmed and now for last couple years it's my son in law so that works better.Depending on where you are you may be able to cash rent and not even have to worry about shares and fertilizer cost

Congrats! It looks like an awesome chunk of property! Like you said, very different from what you had.

Maybe I missed it but, what state is this in?
Georgia, about 2 hours dead east of Atlanta.

Happy for you! Don't get too many chances like that.