Possible cougar

tooln

5 year old buck +
Been hearing a lot of people have been seeing a cougar just north west of Spencer WI.
The people I'm hearing it from are reliable, but I still find it hard to believe till I see a trail cam pic. Time will tell I guess.

I am the biggest skeptic on these cougar sightings...... 99 times out of 100, its a bobcat.... the other 1 time out of 100 its just a big ole tomcat. :)

I see a cougar almost every day. Whoops, wrong kind. :D

A lady that works at a bank in Marshfield does some semi pro outdoor photography work and was beating herself up that she wasn't able to get a pic of a cougar she saw just a couple weeks ago crossing the road. She claims that she got a really good look at it, just that she didn't have a camera with her.

Take that for whatever it's worth. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

When I lived south of Stanley for about 10 years (right where the Eau Claire and Clark Co forest lands started), lots of people claimed there was a cougar running around there, as well... Apparently damn near everyone saw it, except for me. I spent a ton of time in the woods out there and never saw so much as a track.

Good old game vu 0.3 megapixel cam, wish it wasn't so blurry

Keep in mind that there are rogue cougar sightings in many places, that by no means points to a self sustaining breeding population. I personally do not relish the fact that they may be around. Death from above, when they drop out of a tree onto my back while walking to my stand in the dark does not seem like a pleasant way to go IMO. My little brother has had them stalking him while bowhunting elk in the Bighorn Mts of WY(he carries a Glock with him now because of it).

They are around we had one last October. He killed 5 deer during a two week period and he was gone. The neighbor said he saw him once early spring, and that's been it. It's going to be a while before wi has a local population.

I am the biggest skeptic on these cougar sightings...... 99 times out of 100, its a bobcat.... the other 1 time out of 100 its just a big ole tomcat. :)
Except for the road kill of one south of Bemidji. The one shot on a porch at Aitkin. And the one that traveleld thru Mn, Wis and on east to get killed-maybe New Jersey.

A lady that works at a bank in Marshfield does some semi pro outdoor photography work and was beating herself up that she wasn't able to get a pic of a cougar she saw just a couple weeks ago crossing the road. She claims that she got a really good look at it, just that she didn't have a camera with her.

Take that for whatever it's worth. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

When I lived south of Stanley for about 10 years (right where the Eau Claire and Clark Co forest lands started), lots of people claimed there was a cougar running around there, as well... Apparently damn near everyone saw it, except for me. I spent a ton of time in the woods out there and never saw so much as a track.

I lived in Stanley for a year (79-80), but could not find any good beer, so I moved back to Mn. (That will give Stu something to post about!)

I liked that wooded areas south of Stanley. I hooked a big fish on a lake down there and thought I had a dandy musky. Big red tail came out of the water. Fought him for a bit. Carp.

I spent literally a ton of time in those "wooded areas south of Stanley" for about 10 years. My place was just on the other side of the road from the Eau Claire Co forest land and a 1/2 mile to the W of the Clark Co forest. You have to work for them, but there are some good bucks on that county land. I still hunt some of the eastern Clark Co forest to this day. There's some pretty darn big chunks of timber in that area...Big enough that if you get away from the old logging roads, you can leave everyone else behind.