Pond fountain

Northbound

5 year old buck +
We have a small pond about 100' by 30'. It's fed by a small 10 foot long ditch connecting to a 400 acre lake. The pond is roughly 3 feet deep on average. Id like a fountain for sounds and to keep it cleaner looking. The wife wants lights in it as well. Any recommendations where to order from and how big of a unit to buy? I would like to run it through the winter if possible to keep open water for the deer. Located on edge of zone 3 and 4. The deer are pretty tame so they won't mind the sound, they literally eat tree tops while im still running chainsaw

I cannot say for certain, but I really doubt your going to be able to run it in the winter time, ice will sooner or later build up and cover things and that will lead to damages
everyone I know that had one , shuts them down for winter long before the freeze happens

most of my friends that built ponds, had them installed when planing the pond from the get go, so cannot say much on what to use after one is built, but sure they can be added
my question would be how far away is pond from electrical lines, as this could be a possible costs to think about too!

wow that is shallow, must be a mess in the summer. too shallow to not freeze solid in winter most likely, unless you know better.

A great resource for anything you want to know about pons, a mirror to Habitat Tlkk, is Pond Boss Forus...
Pond Boss Forum

The Pond Guy has the items you are looking for ...
Pond Guy

Electric isn't an issue as im trenching in power and running water to within 30 feet of the pond anyways for seasonal campsites. Plan on having 8 seasonal sites to lease out between memorial day and labor day for next decade until I build a home there. At which time the pond will also get deeper but it's a stretch of local. Depending on boat traffic on the lake it is sometimes clean and sometimes not. Depends on wake running from lake thru the ditch to keep pond water moving. Since the jet ski crowd has died off I don't get the beneficial wake as much as I'd like

how long is the trench between lake and pond? I might suggest running a pump in a transfer setup, from lake to far end of pond to constantly circulate water through your pond back to the lake.

how long is the trench between lake and pond? I might suggest running a pump in a transfer setup, from lake to far end of pond to constantly circulate water through your pond back to the lake.

That's a really good idea that never crossed my mind. The ditch is only 10 feet from pond to lake. And about 60 feet from lake to where id like the fountain. Im gonna research how far away a pump could be placed from actual fountain

2 separate setups, transfer pump just to bring 2k gph from the lake to the far end of the pond, and a fountain in the middle of the pond for looks, and will push floaters to the shoreline.

We have a small pond about 100' by 30'. It's fed by a small 10 foot long ditch connecting to a 400 acre lake. The pond is roughly 3 feet deep on average. Id like a fountain for sounds and to keep it cleaner looking. The wife wants lights in it as well. Any recommendations where to order from and how big of a unit to buy? I would like to run it through the winter if possible to keep open water for the deer. Located on edge of zone 3 and 4. The deer are pretty tame so they won't mind the sound, they literally eat tree tops while im still running chainsaw
We had a fountain for the pond come with our house. The motor went and was around $1600 to get a new fountain. We found a somewhat homemade one for $400. It worked almost as well as the expensive one. Last year the pump stopped working after 5 years. I found a exact replacement sump pump motor for $50 on Amazon. Good as new again. I see they sell the floating pad with nozzle for abou t$150. Get the sump pump and you could be all set for a little over $200.

We had a fountain for the pond come with our house. The motor went and was around $1600 to get a new fountain. We found a somewhat homemade one for $400. It worked almost as well as the expensive one. Last year the pump stopped working after 5 years. I found a exact replacement sump pump motor for $50 on Amazon. Good as new again. I see they sell the floating pad with nozzle for abou t$150. Get the sump pump and you could be all set for a little over $200.

I read about some people making them with a sump pump. However I wasn't too keen on the idea of the short electrical cord that comes with a sump pump being caulked to an extension cord and left in water like I seen on some diy fountains. How did you deal with the short cord?