Planting miscanthus rhizomes

Whitetaildeer13

Yearling... With promise
I just received my miscanthus rhizomes and was wondering if it would be possible to plant the rhizomes and then spray round up Over the plantings?...my farm is located 3 hrs away so it isn’t possible for me to spray 2 weeks in advance. Is there a chance this would kill or damage the rhizomes? I am planting about 3 or 4 inches deep. Thanks in advance.

Glyphosate, the active ingredient in RoundUp, is taken up by leaves and stems of plants. It has no soil activity. And by the time the shoots from the rhizomes are emerging, the glyphosate will not be active. You will be fine by spraying immediately after planting, provided the rhizomes are below the soil surface.

Glyphosate, the active ingredient in RoundUp, is taken up by leaves and stems of plants. It has no soil activity. And by the time the shoots from the rhizomes are emerging, the glyphosate will not be active. You will be fine by spraying immediately after planting, provided the rhizomes are below the soil surface.
Thanks for your reply.

If you can get you’re hands on some simazine that will help as a pre emergent. (Won’t hurt MG) Also after the MG grows 2,4-D is safe on them if broadleaf weeds appear.

Ive had success with simazine

Very similar to atrazine and doesn't require an applicator liscence

bill