Planting grafted apple tree rootstock after spraying Roundup

Chainsaw

5 year old buck +
I sprayed Roundup three weeks ago in the likely event I ran out of nursery room and I did run out. Checked the bed yesterday and had gotten an insufficient die off. Resprayed it today and called Roundup help desk to ask how long I should wait to plant grafted rootstock. They told me a month so I will go to plan B and put the remaining seedlings in one of my pre-prepared daylily beds. However their answer surprised me so am looking for times some of you have used to let a bed rest after spraying before you plant grafted rootstock into it and were there any negative affects.

Interesting response on their part. Unless the RoundUp formulation has pre- emergent in it? We have always been told that RoundUp breaks down very quickly once it makes contact with the soil. We always till prior to planting and actually never use RoundUp within the perimeter fence of the nursery, actually no herbicides, not just RoundUp, only pre-emergents and mechanical means to control vegetation.

When ever I've planted large areas of trees, like the 3000 conifers I planted a few weeks ago as a CRP contract, I spray Roundup or Liberty then immediately go into planting. Never had any tree mortality I attributed to herbicide.

I usually wait until a half inch of rain, or a week, which ever comes first. Never had a problem.

Thanks for the responses Guys. I thought it was kind of a CYA answer from Roundup. We have always planted seeds as early as the next day after spraying with no problems but had not planted bare root before just after spraying and had expected a more specific and detailed answer from Roundup than a simply "one month". They asked me what roundup product and it was Power Max which does not have pre-emergent in it. I really like using roundup just before a bed is planted as it usually kills everything germinated and gives us a three week window or so (before the next weed bloom) to cover with newspapers and mulch or weed cloth. A couple of grafted rootstock are being held aside to plant in just sprayed roundup dirt just because.