Plant I’d

Skelly

5 year old buck +
Found these last week.

Young growth is green similar to a elderberry but I know that’s not it. Older growth has more of a woody appearance.

AF4226CE-C0EB-40AD-8EA8-FA2E92EC7BAB.jpeg485D9E01-77AB-402B-9A52-6F944B2D14BC.jpeg7C7048FB-E38E-49A3-AA91-13CA7E6260AC.jpeg1ECBF72D-4C56-47C4-AB41-2D56FCB9B854.jpeg06E6142D-FAAB-4057-89E6-72C34D96D33B.jpeg

You sure the last pic is the same plant as the others? The leaves look entirely different. The first couple pics remind me of ironweed.....I have said that on some other threads recently so maybe I just have it on the brain. Ironweed at my place is flowering currently and it produces a very purple flower, but I understand there are various types of iroweed as well (as Native Hunter explained in another thread/forum). Like I said - unless I am looking at the wrong thing....I am not sure the last pic is the same plant.

You sure the last pic is the same plant as the others? The leaves look entirely different. The first couple pics remind me of ironweed.....I have said that on some other threads recently so maybe I just have it on the brain. Ironweed at my place is flowering currently and it produces a very purple flower, but I understand there are various types of iroweed as well (as Native Hunter explained in another thread/forum). Like I said - unless I am looking at the wrong thing....I am not sure the last pic is the same plant.
It’s a different one but it’s the same.the leaves you are seeing is honeysuckle that is all over that particular plant. The photo of the bark is an older one that you can’t see leaves or new growth. I should just pushed all that extra stuff out of the way.

I'm not sure about that plant but you have Japanese Stilt Grass in the 1st 2 pics. If you don't know what JSG is, you'll soon find out. The crap spreads like mad and will completely take over the understory and lawns, too. Kill the shi+!

forsythia