Persimmon trees found

Redarrow

A good 3 year old buck
Found some nice persimmon trees in Marysville ohio. Somewhat north of there native habitat. I have planted several on my place the last several years in hope of survival. Now I feel more confident. Think I may have to get some scion wood from these.
cfe115e17b8b39c5188da12a3fdeafca.jpg
c220e6c7f52048b6342bb8d0ace2f578.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Loaded. Nice

It's a dandy. I would graft that one.

Every female persimmon I find around here that is growing without competition and gets good sun like that one produces heavily like that one. I wonder how much production is related to the genetics of a tree verses growing conditions with persimmons. It is certainly a productive tree.

Thanks,

Jack

The city most have planted them for looks several years ago. Whole row of them and seems like every other one is Male and female.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They are usually not used as ornamental trees because the fruit can me messy in the city.

We have several persimmons scattered about our 40 acres in central KYIMG_1856.JPG. They are heavy producers.

IMG_1856.JPG

Very Nice. Buddy planted acouple in his food plot about an hour east of you... Didn't have a lot of hopes for fruit, but hey, maybe this'll work

That gives me hope planting some, those are some trees I would really like to have on the farms.