Permethrin

DiSc0Rd

5 year old buck +
When you guys buy Permethrin do you buy it in a premade spray or do you buy it by itself and make your own spray? Amazon has it concentrated or just in a ready .05 spray

I buy mine concentrate from Farm n Fleet. One bottle will last me about 3 years. Also used it to spray the outside of my house for spiders. Worked great and using it on my work pants I have had only 1 tic this whole summer.

Chuck

I buy mine concentrate from Farm n Fleet. One bottle will last me about 3 years. Also used it to spray the outside of my house for spiders. Worked great and using it on my work pants I have had only 1 tic this whole summer.

Chuck
I sent u a pm

I buy it unmixed and mix it in a little gallon sprayer and spray down my clothes. Stuff is stronger than an ox in an onion field. I swear by it.

I buy it unmixed and mix it in a little gallon sprayer and spray down my clothes. Stuff is stronger than an ox in an onion field. I swear by it.
Where did you get yours

Keystone pest online. It will last a long time like that too. Way more economical than just buying a sawyers or whatever

Keystone pest online. It will last a long time like that too. Way more economical than just buying a sawyers or whatever
Perm-Up 3.2 EC Insecticide - 1 Gallon (Permethrin 36.8%) (Tengard Permethrin)

That correct?

I get my concentrate at TSC as its close to my house.

Reactions: DJN
When you guys buy Permethrin do you buy it in a premade spray or do you buy it by itself and make your own spray? Amazon has it concentrated or just in a ready .05 spray

I started out buying the spray cans for turkey hunting coveralls. When I started using it for trees, I bought the concentrate from Keystone. I now use that to spray my coveralls as well as on trees. I also use it to spray the inside of box blinds to deter wasps and the like.

Thanks,

Jack

I bought Martin's qt size 10 percent permethrin on amazon after watching catman's video on YouTube. Has worked great for me this year.

I bought Martin's qt size 10 percent permethrin on amazon after watching catman's video on YouTube. Has worked great for me this year.
well i cant buy it from keystone is says cant ship to my state but amazon has no issue so martin's it is

I get a big mixed bottle from Walmart in the camping section every spring, boys and I spray down our turkey hunting clothes with it. The wife and I spay our boots and socks for mushroom hunting. Haven't tried it on trees, usually just use sevin on them if jap beetles get out of hand.

I also use the concentrate on my thermacell pads to recharge. Three drops.
Even after all the blue has burnt off?

I believe you can buy it in two forms; one is a water based solution and the other is petroleum based. Most of the online sources I have encountered say the product - in concentrate form (38% or even 10%) and either water-basecd or petroleum-based is NOT appropriate for treating clothing. Here is an example from seller of a 10% product.
"Safe for use to treat clothing? " I understand that water based Permethrin concentrate is acceptable to be diluted to a 0.5% solution for application on clothing. Is this product water based, can it be diluted for use on clothing?"
Answer: " Hi-Yield Indoor/Outdoor 10% Permethrin Insecticide is not labeled for use on clothing and should not be used in this manner. We do carry Tick Block which is specifically formulated for use on clothing. While both products do contain permethrin, the formulation of Hi-Yield Indoor/Outdoor 10% Permethrin Insecticide contains materials that should not come into contact with your skin."

Here's the warning from Martins 10% .....
Product Overview ..... "Martins Permethrin 10% is labeled for both indoor and outdoor use. Martins Permethrin 10% can also be used on large animals, swine, poultry, and dogs. Martins Permethrin 10% controls horn flies, face flies, lice and ticks, with a residual activity lasting up to 28 days. Commercial Applicators Only"
"This product is not for use on clothing."

The Sawyer spray product is the only one I have found that is sold specifically for treating clothing. That said, it appears many folks buy the stronger products and treat hunting/work clothing ... hopefully, with no ill effects.

I
I believe you can buy it in two forms; one is a water based solution and the other is petroleum based. Most of the online sources I have encountered say the product - in concentrate form (38% or even 10%) and either water-basecd or petroleum-based is NOT appropriate for treating clothing. Here is an example from seller of a 10% product.
"Safe for use to treat clothing? " I understand that water based Permethrin concentrate is acceptable to be diluted to a 0.5% solution for application on clothing. Is this product water based, can it be diluted for use on clothing?"
Answer: " Hi-Yield Indoor/Outdoor 10% Permethrin Insecticide is not labeled for use on clothing and should not be used in this manner. We do carry Tick Block which is specifically formulated for use on clothing. While both products do contain permethrin, the formulation of Hi-Yield Indoor/Outdoor 10% Permethrin Insecticide contains materials that should not come into contact with your skin."

Here's the warning from Martins 10% .....
Product Overview ..... "Martins Permethrin 10% is labeled for both indoor and outdoor use. Martins Permethrin 10% can also be used on large animals, swine, poultry, and dogs. Martins Permethrin 10% controls horn flies, face flies, lice and ticks, with a residual activity lasting up to 28 days. Commercial Applicators Only"
"This product is not for use on clothing."

The Sawyer spray product is the only one I have found that is sold specifically for treating clothing. That said, it appears many folks buy the stronger products and treat hunting/work clothing ... hopefully, with no ill effects.
I figure if it can be used directly on animals then why can't I use it on clothing?

I also use the concentrate on my thermacell pads to recharge. Three drops.
I wondered about trying that. But the chemical on the blue pads is not permethrin. And permethrin is an insecticide, its not a repellent so I did not try it on my Thermacell.

Even after all the blue has burnt off?
Yep works just fine. Both permethrin and allethrin are from the same flower. Just another way to skin a cat.

Reactions: Tap