All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pear Tree Problem

greyphase

5 year old buck +
Here's some pics of a Blake's Pride pear tree that's having some problems. As you can see leaves are curling and it has some bark discoloring. Have been thinking it was the onset of fireblight, but it's been like this for several weeks and doesn't seem to be killing the tree. It's planted beside a Potomac pear tree that is healthy. Both of these varieties are listed as fireblight resistant. Any ideas, comments, or suggestions are welcomed.
7-1-15%20019_zpsa6uwn3vn.jpg

7-1-15%20015_zpsk1l8rnr3.jpg

I am no expert, but it could still be FB and your "resistant" pear is displaying its resistance for you--similar to a blight resistant chestnut having a canker that doesn't kill the tree. If it were me, I would just watch it and see what happens.

I think it is just environmental stress, such as too wet, too dry, too hot, too windy, etc.. I have pears show that regularly, they have always grown out of it. If it were mine I would not be overly concerned at this point, just check on it every now and then to see if symptoms are changing.

I think it is just environmental stress, such as too wet, too dry, too hot, too windy, etc.. I have pears show that regularly, they have always grown out of it. If it were mine I would not be overly concerned at this point, just check on it every now and then to see if symptoms are changing.
I agree there is no sign of browning just some leaf curl. Should be good to go

thanks guys. I keep an eye on it.