Ozone smart guys?

Bill

Administrator
So I hooked up the ozone machine and a lamp to to go on and off after an hour at the farm house.

The security cam catches both on and off every night.

Am I melting my couch??

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Oh and it only runs 1 hour over a 24 hour period. I figured that wouldn't really hurt anything. The place gets a bit musty in the summer when no is there running the AC.

I do have a dehumidifier running on the counter that drains into the kitchen sink. That helps but hasn't been a complete cure. I figured I'd try it for a few weeks and see but now I'm having doubts. :(.
It hasn't ever seemed to harm our hunting clothes and they get heavy doses but over short periods of time.

Interesting. I guess you'll find out next time you go to the farm!

-John

Let us know please.

Oh boy. How did you get these results? I can't believe it just shaded out the place like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy. How did you get these results? I can't believe it just shaded out the place like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It didn't shade the place out. Both the light and the ozone machine are plugged into a timer. Comes on for 1 hour then off again.. Kinda disappointed when I got back there was no ozone smell. I turned the machine off and nada zip no ozone. So I changed out the plate and it worked fine. I will let it run when I leave. The plates don't like humidity and i think that may have fried the original plate.

how big is this unit? meaning how many mg's of ozone is it putting out? 3500? 6000?

I would recommend against a short dose of it. ozone likes air movement and it HIGHER concentrations of non air movement is when you start to run into problems. I would rather see you run it once for 8 hours and have the house fan on and fans blowing around the house.

how big is this unit? meaning how many mg's of ozone is it putting out? 3500? 6000?

I would recommend against a short dose of it. ozone likes air movement and it HIGHER concentrations of non air movement is when you start to run into problems. I would rather see you run it once for 8 hours and have the house fan on and fans blowing around the house.

I think it's around 4000 mg. thanks, good info. I wonder if the short bursts are what killed the ozone plate. I'll try the 8 hour shot with fans going. In that case I'll make sure the unit is drawing fresh outside air.

I think it's around 4000 mg. thanks, good info. I wonder if the short bursts are what killed the ozone plate. I'll try the 8 hour shot with fans going. In that case I'll make sure the unit is drawing fresh outside air.

I am not sure of the unit that you own but my guess is that you were probably ok running it for a short burst. the plates do run out and it's really not a big deal to replace. I am not an expert by any means, but I have run them commercially for quite a few years. I have one with 5000mg and I normally run that one on my hunting clothes for an hour inside of a clothes area, which is MORE than enough for a LONG time.

I saw on a previous post or this one someone talking about ozonics. Does anyone know how much ozone that actually produces?? This isn't a loaded question either, I read the box and I can't find out how much it actually puts out. I have a guess it's way less than what people think. Those things are stupid expensive.

I never could figure out how much the ozonics puts out.. My brother has one and it's much much much less than my $80 unit off amazon.