All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ouch

Bill

Administrator
Pics are out of order. The bottom one was Febuary. The others are today. Can't imagine how it healed sticking straight out like that.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Wow! Whitetails are tough creatures. We've got a doe with half of one rear leg missing. Keeps up with the others.

I had a 3 legged one running around all last fall, haven't seen her since rifle season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had to cut barbed wire fencing to free whitetails before. Always the hind leg. That may be what happened to this one.

I've had to cut barbed wire fencing to free whitetails before. Always the hind leg. That may be what happened to this one.

You might be right.
I've seen a few hanging dead from their back leg going under the top wire and twisting with the next one down. It kind of locks them in place.
Never even thought of that.

I try to space my wires a little further apart than most. I noticed that whitetails don't need much space to walk through between the wires and prefer to do so as opposed to jumping the fence. Just a little more space between the wires seems to work well and as long as they are kept tight, there's no problem with the cattle.

Still kicking, well hopping. She will be weird to see on stand.

image.png

She is a tuff girl.

Is she always alone?

Must be a social outcast!

Is she always alone?

Must be a social outcast!

Didn't register til you mentioned but she is always alone in pictures. She probably sounds like a flock of turkeys in the woods. (Which sound like a heard of elephants).

She might be better off if that would just fall off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had a deer similar to that show up the last 2 years. Not quite that pronounced, but very close. Ironically, they treated her just the same; she was rarely alone and the other deer paid her no special attention. I didn't think she'd make it through a couple of months, let alone 2 years. I don't have the cameras in her area firing full force yet, but it will be interesting to see if she has made it through yet another year