All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ONX Hunt?

Huntstand is a similar app with similar issues as described above

bill

Tell us how you really feel!!

We purchased new property a coupe of years ago that is still listed under the original owner. I think they only update their database every two years. Like most of these kinds of software, OnX takes a bunch of non-proprietary data and reorganizes it into a palatable format. Farmer Dan hit the nail on the head. The problem is sh!t in, sh!t out.

With that having been said, I can get to within a couple feet of the survey markers using their maps. I also like the trail mapping feature - it reminds me of Alltrails, which we use out West when we're hiking the National Parks. Great way to navigate in the dark, particularly if you've forgotten to replace the battery in your headlamp or you lost the markers on the trees. And my buddies like that I can share landmarks (stands) with them, so they know where they're going.

So I will weigh in on the positive side, with caveats. I'd be PO'd too if I were Bill, though.

Thanks guys for the input.

I'm offend! If you would have, first, at least read my couple of posts you would have been more well informed! Then, you would maybe understand why "....they suck" and, perhaps, have expressed your indignity with more enthusiasm! :emoji_grin:

HA...
I guess I don’t need say it’s a sore spot :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know you’ve got the app and want to use it but, a lensatic compass and some flagging tape gets you there on the money

The only problem with it, and I have it as well, is the property lines are not very accurate. Both my house and my property (in two different states) are considerably off. Especially my property. According to it, I own a good bit of my neighbors land which is awesome!

I feel like they really hone down property lines out west because that is their bread and butter while the East gets little effort.

Same with me in Ohio. My property was just surveyed about 18 months ago and if I stand at the corner post it shows that I am a good distance onto my neighbor's property. It also is out of date by a couple years in my area as well. It still shows the previous owner on a 30 acre piece I bought 2.5 years ago. This may be my county's fault and not OnX, but just be aware it happens.

VV

Disclaimer! I didn’t read a single post after the first.

THEY SUCK!

I own 114 acres in NJ that they list as owned by a public utility and not used. I’m an inch from a law suit against them.

absolutely the worst app ever and when you get charged for trespassing they won’t back you!

We bought land from the government. It took me three months of emailing/calling OnX but they did get the map changed so it no longer shows public. HuntStand has been more difficult, still not changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk