One Year Ago!

M

MoBuckChaser

deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
MO I remember your post from the dark side. Maybe your better off to see them face to face, I'm sure that would mean a lot more to them.

MO I remember your post from the dark side. Maybe your better off to see them face to face, I'm sure that would mean a lot more to them.
I agree. You can judge what to say by their actions.

I agree whole heartedly with what has already been posted.

Go with your gut Mo. Can't go wrong with whatever you decide. My wife's brother passed away very young in a tragic vehicle accident. One of which my wife was involved. Anyways my mother n law has stated several times that she fears that he will be forgotten. So her favorite thing is to hear stories about things Andy said or did. So if decided to write a letter and remember anything funny or a simple story I would include it. The smallest things of remembrance mean allot to those that have lost loved ones.
Jordan

I never saw this post "over there". I think you should go to see them too. Bring a few good memories along.

I aree with Jordan.....I lost my brother at a young age and my mom always likes to talk about him, and does not want him to be forgoten.

Mo and Stu - sorry for both of your losses.

Mo, I agree with the others. I think it would mean a tremendous lot to the parents to get a visit from someone else who cared so much for him. I wish you the best.

Just over a year ago, I posted a Message on the other site to vent, but also too let people know there ARE still a few good kids around. And This kid was a good one and we sadly miss him still today! I hope it is ok to bring it up again on here! This post below was June 30th, 2013.

I was thinking of writing his parents a letter telling them how much we still miss him and think about him, but don't know if that would be a good thing to do, what do you guys think? Bad Idea?

Got the second worse phone call a person can get this morning......... My 15 year old hired man passed away in his sleep last night.

Since our kids are grown up and doing there own thing now, we hire locals to help with the daily chores at our farm. We get a lot of kids that come and go, but this kid was special. Extremely nice, very pleasant, would always say please and thank you, Hard Working, could and would do any job on the farm no matter how crappy it was, and do it with a smile! He would show up 1/2 hour before work every morning, and stay late if needed. Had 3 horses he cared for every day, before and after work, is on the HS wrestling team and was tough as nails on the wrestling mat. Just a great young man!

We only had him here for a month this summer, but he was already like our own child. He is what every parent would want from a child. His parents must be devastated. I know my wife and I are.

Sorry for venting, I just wanted to tell the world there are still great kids out there and he was one of them!!!!

I can only tell you what I know/feel...I love talking about my late wife and the good times we had. Other folks seem to want to avoid the discussion altogether. Not sure if they think it's gonna bother me or if it bothers them. Everybody's different...but most every widow/widower I've talked to feels the same as I do. My first mother in law also likes to talk about the daughter she lost...sure...it may bring tears..but the pleasant memories of lost loved ones usually start to replace the negative memory of losing them. Good luck MO...you're a good man for wanting to honor his memory :)
Stu, I think alot of times people just don't know what to say so they avoid it all together, sorry for your loss.

First off...thank you. Secondly...you are correct..people don't know what to say. Heck, I lost my wife when she was 45 and I don't know what to say to other folks who are in a similar situation...It's one of those things that you just kind of "go with" and try to get a fix on where the grieving people are at. It isn't something that most dudes (me included) are very good at :oops:
Me neither

Everyone is different. My best friend passed 12 years ago at a young age. To this day his wife, a good friend also, will not, nor wants, to discuss it. In death, I always just say sorry for your loss, they were a fine person, and I was fortunate to know them. If they want to talk more, they will. If not, subject will change. As for this situation, I would send a card with just a short note reaffirming what a good person he was and you miss him. Short and to the point. I think they will appreciated the thought.

Funny how things work. I lost my grandma 2 hours ago. Thought some habitat reading would help clear my head a little and stumble into this thread. Reading the op there is not much sadder than hearing about the loss of a child. Hope you reach out to them.

Funny how things work. I lost my grandma 2 hours ago. Thought some habitat reading would help clear my head a little and stumble into this thread. Reading the op there is not much sadder than hearing about the loss of a child. Hope you reach out to them.

Sorry to hear that bryant.

Mo,
I bet how ever you contact them it will be well received. Says something that out many kids working he impressed you so much. I'm sure his parents would never grow tired of hearing that.

As a parent that just recently had twins stillborn near full term , saying anything will I think help. Showing that it affected you and is still in your mind will provide some comfort. Most people seem to go back to their lives and leave the family alone. That has been the hardest part for us. i have had really close friends ignore me in public and pretend they don't know me and people I hardly know come up give me giant hugs with tears streaming down their face. It is an awkward situation that is almost always made worse by silence.

I still cry every time it think about it and I am sure they do as well. I feel in person would be better as well.

I am very sorry to hear of everyone's loss. Prayers and thoughts go out to all as you go forward.

This thread is proof that many people deal with very difficult things that we often know nothing about. Maybe we should all think twice before giving people crap sometimes. Just never know what someone's dealing with in their personal life.

I am sure they will appreciate it.

I think they will be proud to know someone else held their son in high esteem.