All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

% of inert matter

Smelly buck

A good 3 year old buck
On a hulled and coated seed is 51% inert matter expectable. I thought the coating should only be around 18-16%
Does it have something to do with it being hulled? The seed type is Joint Vetch, for a southern food plot.
I did call the company about it from and they said 51% is normal for the coating but that doesn't seem right to me.

On a hulled and coated seed is 51% inert matter expectable. I thought the coating should only be around 18-16%
Does it have something to do with it being hulled? The seed type is Joint Vetch, for a southern food plot.
I did call the company about it from and they said 51% is normal for the coating but that doesn't seem right to me.
Seems a little high on the inert matter, I guess what I've ususally seen is 30-40%.

Is inert matter a way of making more money (a filler) or is it usually a legit component?

They make twice the profit when you only get half the weight in seed.