Oaks turning red?

nwmn

5 year old buck +
So I've had my oaks outside for a while now and they've seemed to turn colors on me. I'm not sure what to do except hope thst they turn green at some point? I've got a mix of northere red as well as bur oak in the mix. could it be due to lack of heat as of late?

It's so cold out they think they are going into fall from your cozy house all winter.

My DCO and Burr oaks show a little red throughout the growing season but not that much. I would check some naturally growing oaks in your area and see how they compare. Those light green leaved ones with the dark veins would be more concerning for me. Either mineral deficiency or too wet.

My DCO and Burr oaks show a little red throughout the growing season but not that much. I would check some naturally growing oaks in your area and see how they compare. Those light green leaved ones with the dark veins would be more concerning for me. Either mineral deficiency or too wet.

As to the 2nd point, I'd say (from personal tribulations) that it would most likely be a result of soil compaction or pH.

As for the red leaves, I would say that it is probably because the soil is a bit colder outside. All of my plants turned a bit red when the went outside. Cooler soils inhibit the uptake of Phosphorus, which results in the red leaves. You'll be fine as long as it gets warm in a bit.

My experience with oaks is they do funny things. I've had that happen, had them lose leaves completely, but in most cases they still survive. Don't give up on them yet.

The best I can do is just wait and see what happens. brought up to farm for the summer. the soil is promix and top soil mixed. they looked pale so I gave them a little Neptune's whatever fish stuff. they seemed to have gotten worse so I think with some heat they will recover.

yes they are, they've been in there since March. I'll have to transplant into 5" bags as well as the bigger ones I've got leftover.