NY officially off the deep end

Buckly

5 year old buck +
Well maybe they went of the deep end a while ago but, NY States new laws on concealed carry has basically eliminated concealed carry in the State. i Won’t go into all the details as there are way too many and you can read up on your own but, ridiculous beyond belief would be an understatement. Not only in getting a permit but, once you go through unimaginable hoops to get one you can’t carry anywhere. The court cases will probably start by next week. .

I'm confused Buckly. I thought concealed carry was illegal in in NY, and the recent Supreme Court decision said that law was unconstitutional? Did Hochul pass new regulations in light of that SC decision?

No, CC has always been legal in NY State except for most parts of New York City With very few restrictions once you had the permit. The new laws just passed prevent a person from CC in just about everywhere imaginable. Not only public property but now it is a felony to CC on ANY private property unless the owner puts up a “WE WELCOME GUNS” sign. I’ll post the extensive list of “SENSITIVE” public places you can’t carry when I get some time but, it is just about everywhere.

I need to clarify that this applies to residents , Non residents have never been allowed to carry.

Last edited:
So this is a giant FU to the Supreme Court. It basically goes against everything they just decided. Good luck finding ammo before 9/1. This is crazy town. I have to hang a sign on my property saying guns are allowed if I want to have a gun there? Gun and ammo registries? No way this stands, but the question is how much do they get away with before it finds it’s way back to Supreme Court. This will also put gun stores out of business which is the ultimate goal. My question is still yet to be answered. Can people like me in the original lawsuits now carry? Does our bs, have to keep gun at home permit, go away? Are these new laws only for new permit applicants? By the way, you can abort a child up until 28 weeks. 8 years left in this shit hole.

Now just to get the permit in the first place they want 3 years of back access to your social media accounts, contact numbers for all people living in your house, periodic review of contacts and social media, background check for all ammunition.

Here is the private property clause,

”. NY law will assume that concealed firearms are prohibited from any private property where the owner has not posted a sign explicitly allowing carrying of firearms “

Can you open carry? I don’t know how you can wait 8 years. MN was getting out of hand for me, I got out.

Barring the private property, here is a new list of public places prohibited.

government offices
healthcare facilities
religious facilities
libraries
playgrounds
parks
child care facilities
schools
camps
homeless shelters
public transportation
restaurants and bars that serve alcohol
performance venues
public sidewalks for emergencies
public sidewalks for street fairs etc.
protests
free speech gatherings
Times Square

its the private property one that pretty much takes in everywhere. I mean how many business and homeowners are going to put up “ we allow guns signs”.
it used to be you had to put up a sign that stated weapons prohibited but now it’s just assumed. And the way I read it it’s going to be a felony for violation

Last edited:
So this is a giant FU to the Supreme Court. It basically goes against everything they just decided. Good luck finding ammo before 9/1. This is crazy town. I have to hang a sign on my property saying guns are allowed if I want to have a gun there? Gun and ammo registries? No way this stands, but the question is how much do they get away with before it finds it’s way back to Supreme Court. This will also put gun stores out of business which is the ultimate goal. My question is still yet to be answered. Can people like me in the original lawsuits now carry? Does our bs, have to keep gun at home permit, go away? Are these new laws only for new permit applicants? By the way, you can abort a child up until 28 weeks. 8 years left in this shit hole.

you’re absolutely right. NY said ok we will issue permits. We will make it very difficult to get one and once you get one you wont be able to use it. So there SCOTUS.

I get having ties and being established in an area but man I don’t know how y’all do it. I left Georgia with my family a year and half ago cause it was turning into a giant hellhole so I can at least say I walked the walk but I know it’s not easy. Life is short and there is still great areas left in this country. I’d consider getting out.

Can you open carry? I don’t know how you can wait 8 years. MN was getting out of hand for me, I got out.
I have had a permit for years but I can’t carry. The only time I can take it out of house is if I am going to or from a shooting event like range or hunting. They call it a sportsman permit. It is almost impossible to get a carry permit in my county. I thought the Supreme Court fixed this. My youngest is 12 so when she is done with college we plan on moving south. That will also put me near retirement assuming we don’t go into a depression.

No worries, with NY Bail reform nobody goes to jail anyway. Carry on!
Somehow I think they will make exceptions for their political enemies, which is anyone with a gun. Unless you are an actual criminal then carry on as you were.

I get having ties and being established in an area but man I don’t know how y’all do it. I left Georgia with my family a year and half ago cause it was turning into a giant hellhole so I can at least say I walked the walk but I know it’s not easy. Life is short and there is still great areas left in this country. I’d consider getting out.

My wife‘s elderly parents and her job are basically why we are still here. We own a farm in PA which is where we will be shortly. NY needs to collapse before the ignorant here start voting differently. Cuomo had the state on the brink of collapse before we were bailed out with all that covid money. NY is a giant welfare state and it is unsustainable, just a mater of time before the state is back flirting with financial collapse.

Somehow I think they will make exceptions for their political enemies, which is anyone with a gun. Unless you are an actual criminal then carry on as you were.

‘this is what I can’t figure on all this. The perception by the politicians and the media is that only conservative Republicans have or want guns but truth be known there’s just as many Democrats that have guns and carry permits. Once these People realize that it’s actually happening to them I would think they would vote accordingly but, who knows

I tell ya, life is too short to live in NY, or any of them Commie states. Your wife, daughter, and elder in-laws would probably be happier if they got the hell out as well. I am not sure if you think there is t jobs in the rest of the country, or hunting land, retirement homes, etc.. but I would be looking into it.

No, CC has always been legal in NY State except for most parts of New York City With very few restrictions once you had the permit. The new laws just passed prevent a person from CC in just about everywhere imaginable. Not only public property but now it is a felony to CC on ANY private property unless the owner puts up a “WE WELCOME GUNS” sign. I’ll post the extensive list of “SENSITIVE” public places you can’t carry when I get some time but, it is just about everywhere.

I need to clarify that this applies to residents , Non residents have never been allowed to carry.

Why does every media station I listen to out of NY make it sound like CC was never legal...and now that he supreme court overturned that law NY government is scrambling to make t harder to carry. I keep hearing about a 100 year old law that made CC illegal?

Why does every media station I listen to out of NY make it sound like CC was never legal...and now that he supreme court overturned that law NY government is scrambling to make t harder to carry. I keep hearing about a 100 year old law that made CC illegal?
It is very complicated. It goes by county how they hand out permits. My county it is almost impossible to get cc, one county over and not so difficult. I believe all of NYC has been illegal due to that 100 yo law. To most of the media we are only NYC. Funny how so much gun crime is in NYC and it has been illegal all along.

Varies by County. My County is no problem. I’ve had a CC for over 30 years. Just applied and got it in about 4 months. Next County up you have to do the target/sporting permit for years on end then maybe you get a CC. The media has been playing up the NYC rule. As Chummer stated. Most people believe that’s what NY State is. NYC. Although it’s looking like it doesn’t matter anymore if you have one or not. Doesn’t do any good sitting at home

Last edited:
New York .. wow ! It’s a crying shame that this state is run so bad politically!