Not What You Want to See

Terrific_tom

5 year old buck +
Yesterday kept getting worse. 1st the trespassing situation on land , then I find this track. Looks like I have at least one wolf visiting my land.

Could just be a lab track from your trespassers.

Could just be a lab track from your trespassers.

Not a lab as my son had his lab along for finding sheds. The track was a lot bigger. Pile of wolf crap not to far from tracks. I do know what wolf tracks look like as I encounter lots of wolf tracks when I am Northern Wisconsin while bear baiting.

That sucks.

As long as they don't den up this spring near you, it will be fine. If they den within 3 miles of your property you can say goodbye to any fawns this year. If it is just one track it might be a lone male roaming for a mate.

As long as they don't den up this spring near you, it will be fine. If they den within 3 miles of your property you can say goodbye to any fawns this year. If it is just one track it might be a lone male roaming for a mate.

Had a couple of pics of 2 younger wolves on trailcam last summer. Didn't get any more pics after that. I figured that they just passed thru but now the tracs and scat piles. They must of stayed in the area.

S S S

Best wishes with those bastards.

I have wolves wander through occasionally, but thankfully, they don't seem to stick around. My property is on the southern edge of wolf country and the northern edge of cattle land. I think the ranchers do a pretty good job of making sure they don't get established around there. Did see one large set of tracks on Wed. back in the county land portion of the peninsula. Sucks too, cause it's calving season for the neighbors.

I have wolves wander through occasionally, but thankfully, they don't seem to stick around. My property is on the southern edge of wolf country and the northern edge of cattle land. I think the ranchers do a pretty good job of making sure they don't get established around there. Did see one large set of tracks on Wed. back in the county land portion of the peninsula. Sucks too, cause it's calving season for the neighbors.
That description fits my situation to a tee. Except I did not see a wolf track in the last few weeks.

The wolves don't last in cattle country.

There around me. Haven't caught any on camera yet. My neighboring showed me a big wolf track on his brothers land behind my property. My neighbor to the north raises cattle and will help keep them in check ;). I also just brought my rifle back up in case anything happens to show themselves in my fields. With two young kids that like to play in the woods, I do worry though.