Northern Tool High Pressure Tree Sprayer Not Working

2ndHand

5 year old buck +
Seeking advice - I have a 16 gal. Northern Tool high pressure tree sprayer that will not pull a suction at tank inlet. I have had a similar problem with this model sprayer in the past. The current sprayer has been in use for less than 4 months. Any suggestions on what might be wrong or how to fix it? When using, I first fill tank 1/2 full with water then mix the chemicals in a 5 gal bucket using a drill/paint mixer before adding. When done spraying, I clean the tank and run clean water through the system for about 5 mins. On prior (same model) sprayers, I have taken the pump apart to clean, but haven’t been able to find any issues or get it to pull water from tank. I tried priming, but that didn’t help either.
Any ideas on what might be wrong?
Thank you!

When mine does not work, I use an air compressor line with an air blower wand to pressurize the water in the tank. I open the lid and stick in the wand. I use a towel to seal the top of the tank while holding the trigger. Happens a few times a year.

^sprayer trigger

^sprayer trigger
Thanks for the reply! I will give it a try!! I ordered another one to have available if I can’t get this one to work. Thinking it might also be an issue with the solenoid. Next sprayers going to be a Rears 3pt. Pac Blast.
Thanks again!