All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New toy. Not habitat related

Bill

Administrator
Not related to habitat. Thought I'd share anyway :D

My father fixed this 51 dodge up back in the early 80's. Before he passed away he gave it to my older brother.
I suspect he gave it to him because I always said we needed to trash the straight 6 for a 440 or 383. Dad wanted it original.

Well my brother has driven it all of 50 miles in 20 years. It's been sitting covered in his barn.
Big bro felt bad for it and turned the title over to me. New gas, new battery, starting fluid and she's breathing again.
It's got a million mudd dobbers calling the underside home and she needs breaks. Other than that it's not in to bad of shape.

A36B59EC-24E3-4E49-BDA0-BD608DCD8AC9_1.jpg

SWEEETT.jpg

That is awesome Bill. Thanks for sharing.

Nice

That is awesome, Bill. My younger brother had a very old Dodge that he bought for his first truck...it was mid 50s, back around 1981. Looking back on it, he got an absolute steal of a deal, but both of us were too young to realize it. To us, it was just an old truck, with out rust that started on the coldest days without being plugged in, when the cheap little rust bucket Toyota toy truck I owned wouldn't. He sold it a couple years later for about $200, still in great shape (just needing a paint job)

Sweet. So is that 440 or 383 going in?

I love old cars/trucks. Like them original and hotrod'd up. Very cool truck you have there and great story!

Thanks all!

I hear ya Steve. Back in HS we bought, sold, traded and worked on all kinds of vehicles. Sold them cheap. Today they would be worth a mint.
My daily driver was a 55 ford pickup with a 350 Buick in it. FAA teacher in school actually welded up motor mounts for me to get the Buick in.
Never happen today!

Tooln,
In the past :D.
Today I'm sticking with dads factory flat head six.

2AB78254-97BA-432D-9403-99CC20FE8186.jpg

55 Ford you say? I have this setting in the front yard:

Wouldn't happen to have a 4 sale sign on it sitting there would it?

No, she isn't for sale at the moment.

Nice Bill. Love them old time trucks.

You freaked me out for a second.

Here is a pic of mine from 1984 just after it was painted.
56 grill because I liked them better but she's a 55.

I have no clue where it is today :(

bdef734d707f255bfce197b0cc7c6e2a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catscratch,
Let me add that your truck looks to be in great shape. The rear cab corners seem like there always rotted away. Someone has worked on your truck or it's been very well cared for.

Tooln asked first but I get second shot if you ever want that out of the yard. :).

That is crazy similar (mine still has the 55' grill)!
Kind of cool :)

You freaked me out for a second.

Here is a pic of mine from 1984 just after it was painted.
56 grill because I liked them better but she's a 55.

I have no clue where it is today :(

bdef734d707f255bfce197b0cc7c6e2a.jpg

It's had it's corners replaced...
Looks like I should start an auction and get you guys in a bidding war (not). :)

Catscratch,
Let me add that your truck looks to be in great shape. The rear cab corners seem like there always rotted away. Someone has worked on your truck or it's been very well cared for.

Tooln asked first but I get second shot if you ever want that out of the yard. :).

I need an intervention!

Haven't won the auction but I'm bidding on this 66 Chevy rat rod to pull my 70 coronet to the shows.

Well that or I just need this 66 Chevy.

55d28e0bdba11c4ff8a6da22db5ea67f.jpg

^^^ That thing is COOL! You seriously bidding on it? I hope you get it. Rat rods are some of my favorites and that one has a little MadMax look to it.
Post burnout pics once you get it:)

I am, but if it turns out like most Auctions :(
Some guy will show up last minute and over pay.

I'm envious of you gear heads. I had enough drive and other male role models to get at least respectably decent at plumbing, carpentry, electrical all the generally "man's man work," except for any type of mechanical work. That's the one area I missed out on by being raised without a father (don't get me wrong, my mom kicks a$$ and I'd never trade her of anything....by far the best teacher I ever had in life). Outside of mufflers, sparks and plugs, oil changes, the very basics, I'm lost when it comes to working on any engine. I've always been a bit envious of those that could tear down and engine and put it back together again. I guess I could do the same, but the odds of that engine ever running again when I finished would be about on the level of a tornado picking up a cow and depositing it in the passenger seat of the truck while I'm driving down the road.