New play toy

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
image1 (16).JPG
Well I had some Cabelas CC points burning a hole in my pocket on top of catching a good sale, a gift card from Christmas, and savage has a $100 mail in rebate on all law enforcement models!
Savage 10fcp-sr 308 topped her with a vortex pst 4-16x50, 20 inch threaded barrel begging me to get a suppressor!
Im considering ordering a 260 barrel for it hmmmmm decisions decisions

IN is potentially going to become a high powered rifle state - IF I go that route I'll go 308 as well. Looks like you got a nice rig there Jordan! Really nice when your out of pocket money is grossly reduced.

IN is potentially going to become a high powered rifle state - IF I go that route I'll go 308 as well. Looks like you got a nice rig there Jordan! Really nice when your out of pocket money is grossly reduced.
TKS J. You should jump on a savage while they have that 100 rebate! You could always sell on gunbroker an prolly make money if Yall don't get high power clearance! Or just keep:)

Savage has really stepped up their game the last few years. Even their entry level axis models can shoot cloverleafs with the right booger picker on the trigger. My buddy got his wife a .243 for deer hunting - something insane like $350 with a scope and rings. She couldn't hit anything trying to sight it in so I took a few shots and they were all one hole with cheap factory ammo. o_O I expect that out of my Cooper, not a crappy plastic stocked gun. When you go a little higher in their offerings, you end up with some really nice rifles that still don't hurt your wallet.

Jordan - I get another gun right now and my wife will stick where it won't be nearly as effective or retain much value! I like the savage stuff but timing is everything and though the time may be right on part of the equation - it isn't on the other.

What was the deal last night on east bound I-44 near six flags roughly? I saw that mess and was glad I wasn't part of that! Heading back to my side of the big muddy tomorrow morning.

Sweet, new toys are always nice.

My brother has an Axis in .243 that he uses on speed goats and yotes that he says is a tackdriver as well. He bought his after a few of the local guys let him shoot theirs and he loved the accuracy with factory ammo. These guys leave $1,000 Brownings and $2500 Weatherby's in the gun rack and take a $400 rifle into the mountains. He also got the package deal with the scope and rings. Paid like $389 on sale, got a $50 rebate and the gun shop he bought it from was throwing in a $40 sling with every long gun purchase over $300. My 15 year old nephew loves it as well, he can shoot the occasional cloverleaf at 100 yards and has killed 3 antelope with it already.

I told her when she's ready to upgrade, all she needs is a boyds stock for it and maybe some better glass. That action/barrel are lethal. Sadly, she doesn't shoot much since they don't really have a good place to do it. His dad owns their hunting land and has been threatening to sell it off and on for a couple years, so he doesn't feel motivated to build a backstop or make a nice bench to shoot off. My place is just far enough away that they don't think it's convenient to come over (except when they haven't seen a deer in 6 days and it's the last day of rifle season - then they're all over it! :rolleyes: ).

At any rate, Jordan - you got a sweet b-day toy! :D

Jordan - I get another gun right now and my wife will stick where it won't be nearly as effective or retain much value! I like the savage stuff but timing is everything and though the time may be right on part of the equation - it isn't on the other.

What was the deal last night on east bound I-44 near six flags roughly? I saw that mess and was glad I wasn't part of that! Heading back to my side of the big muddy tomorrow morning.

Not sure wasn't on duty but I will find out an let you know. We had a home invasion in our district last night where home owner put a 357 round right in the guys chest after breaking into his house! Always somthing crazy! God Bless America haha

Have a save trip home

Not sure wasn't on duty but I will find out an let you know. We had a home invasion in our district last night where home owner put a 357 round right in the guys chest after breaking into his house! Always somthing crazy! God Bless America haha

Have a save trip home
He probably should have knocked first!:eek:

i "have" a savage axis that my old man won at one of our old QDMA banquets....its a .22-250 and it is really fun to shoot and very accurate. The old man told me to take it to do some coyote hunting with and it somehow has not made it back to him yet....that was 3 yrs ago. lol

i "have" a savage axis that my old man won at one of our old QDMA banquets....its a .22-250 and it is really fun to shoot and very accurate. The old man told me to take it to do some coyote hunting with and it somehow has not made it back to him yet....that was 3 yrs ago. lol
I have 2 "borrowed" guns from my old man as well. 870 Express short barreled slug/turkey gun and his H&R 10ga single shot "goose" gun with the 36" full choke barrel. I took the 870 about 5 years ago to clean it up since my brother decided to use it to deer hunt in the rain and then closed it up in a hard case until spring.:mad: D#mn thing was "orange" when I opened the case, I got it pretty much "cleaned" up now with only a small amount of permanent pitting.:mad: My daughter uses it for her turkey gun now and we keep it as an extra emergency slug gun for deer hunting. I borrowed the 10ga for turkey hunting about 4 years ago and when the old man moved to WY, he dropped off about 8 boxes of shells and said I might as well keep it, that he wasn't going to be doing any goose or turkey hunting in WY. He would never let me "borrow" his sweet 870 Wingmaster though, that gun is beautiful and he got it for next to nothing from an old guy at the bar that wanted to sell it.

I have 2 "borrowed" guns from my old man as well. 870 Express short barreled slug/turkey gun and his H&R 10ga single shot "goose" gun with the 36" full choke barrel. I took the 870 about 5 years ago to clean it up since my brother decided to use it to deer hunt in the rain and then closed it up in a hard case until spring.:mad: D#mn thing was "orange" when I opened the case, I got it pretty much "cleaned" up now with only a small amount of permanent pitting.:mad: My daughter uses it for her turkey gun now and we keep it as an extra emergency slug gun for deer hunting. I borrowed the 10ga for turkey hunting about 4 years ago and when the old man moved to WY, he dropped off about 8 boxes of shells and said I might as well keep it, that he wasn't going to be doing any goose or turkey hunting in WY. He would never let me "borrow" his sweet 870 Wingmaster though, that gun is beautiful and he got it for next to nothing from an old guy at the bar that wanted to sell it.
yeah....i "have" a few others in the safe as well. he doesnt really use them much anymore anyway...so he doesn't mind. in fact he has even referred to a couple of them as being "my" such and such. lol.

Jordan - not a big deal just saw that they had diverted traffic off of I-44 for some reason and obviously that really screws things up. I was going the other way and just saw all the backed up traffic.

I got out of town around 9am this morning and had a long 5+ hour drive home. One of these times I need to actual stop at the arch - been past it real close a few times now, but never have stopped. Best part about the whole drive was the radio station between Effingham and Indy - they played old country music - actual had Cash, Wille and Jonny Paycheck songs on.

As far as the shooting goes - hopefully the system defends the homeowner, but more than likely they will make the guy who was shot out to be some sort of victim. You come in my house your going to get it - i'll take my chances. Dead men don't testify!

Anyone around here ever rebarrel a savage? Ordered a match grade Shilin stainless varmint barrel today in 260. Gonna do a lil gunsmithing on the new Savage! Nervous but excited!

Anyone want to buy a 20" fluted and threaded 308 barrel 1/10 twist. Gonna stick it on eBay, $150 never had a round through it

Here's my recent toy Jordan. FN tsr xp .300 short mag. I put a Millet scope on it.

Looking good Jordan. Nothing like a new toy - especially a nice one!!

Not trying to confuse anyone on his thread but I thought I would post it here as it's similar to his gun.