New food plot

I appreciate your response and to me it shows one of the best attributes of a platform like this, the ability to have open discussion. I was never on the qdma forum so I do not have that past experience impacting my thoughts on this forum. It is not my intent to denigrate this forum or the people on it. Much of the value that I have found on this platform though is when people reference outside sources, not so much just their anecdotal stories. I am also a very visual learner so I find it much easier to watch several videos by several different people with varying viewpoints and then go to a forum to ask very specific questions, assuming I can't find my answer by searching the forum history. Either way you have to do the work of sorting through fact vs opinion and the conclusions drawn from those facts and opinions. Keeping questions very specific cuts down on the amount of unfounded opinion in my experience. Also, with a video, book or good podcast, the presenter tends to do a better job of staying on topic. Unlike here where I feel we have hijacked this gentleman's thread. That is why I like to point people to various outside sources for answers to broad questions. They are a place to start, not to end.

Yep. Also, I wasn't suggesting you should not have posted the link. I've seen too many new folks watch a TV show or find a push site and get enamored with some particular public personalities evangelism. My intent was to tamp that down a bit, and get them to start thinking more critically. I agree, we often go off on tangents, but some of my best insights have come from tangents on this forum. Like you say, everyone has a different learning style. I know kinesthetic learners that pay big bucks to go to QDM college. Video has its own set of advantages and I too often point folks to specific video or podcast.

Thanks,

Jack

Yoderjac I understand what your saying cause grow up in northwest Ohio. The weather and growing conditions are altogether different than southwest Ohio. But I have been always from farming and growing conditions for over 25 yrs.so I decided on one area about 1/2 to 3/4 acre to put a deer tower where there is serval main trail cross my land from neighboring properties. It's like 2 slopes meet and the deer and turkeys travel down it. Close to where the tower and food plot I'm thinking about. But it's a thin cedar saplings grove which I need to clear out yet. So I am starting from new ground this spring.i contacted serval contractors never show up. Getting this done is like pulling my own teeth. Now that I am laid up from back surgery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My farm is in Adams County and I am there often. I'd be willing to help you out with some things if you need it...get you set up so you can hunt on your property.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My farm is in Adams County and I am there often. I'd be willing to help you out with some things if you need it...get you set up so you can hunt on your property.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Folks really have to love a forum like this and this kind of graciousness!

Yep. Also, I wasn't suggesting you should not have posted the link. I've seen too many new folks watch a TV show or find a push site and get enamored with some particular public personalities evangelism. My intent was to tamp that down a bit, and get them to start thinking more critically. I agree, we often go off on tangents, but some of my best insights have come from tangents on this forum. Like you say, everyone has a different learning style. I know kinesthetic learners that pay big bucks to go to QDM college. Video has its own set of advantages and I too often point folks to specific video or podcast.

Thanks,

Jack
Ha!.....I think most of the thinking I do is on a tangent :emoji_grin:

Don’t over think it. Deer like food and cover. If your sounding land is filled with one, work on the other. Winter rye and clover grow good about anywhere, and deer eat it, and it is cheap.