New buck - age and score

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Haven't had anything over 130 on this place all year except for a double drop early on that just disappeared. Now this one shows up this morning while I'm hunting my other farm...lol. Would like your thoughts:

ipCqwW2.jpg

DJUCH73.jpg

Total guess but I want to see how close I am to what everyone else thinks. I'd say 140-150

I stink at guessing also, but I'll go 165" - that right side g'3 is a whopper and long beams.

4 plus, 156

4 yo, 157 nt score

He’ll break 160”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I had guessed 162 gross, so a lot of us are very close in our estimates. The face is very grey and battle scarred, so I’m guessing at least 5 yo.

Last edited:
If I was on stand doing quick calculations this would run through my head as fast as I could

Right
g1- 8”
G2- 6” =14
G3- 11” =25
G4- 8” =33
G5 just a tad in from the G4- 2” =35

Left
G1- 7” =42
G2-10” =52
G3- 10” = 62
G4-8” =70

Pretty symmetric 10 so in the field I add 90. Get’s me at 160 +/-5

Safety off….

Thanks guys. I had guessed 162 gross, so a lot of us are very close in our estimates. The face is ver grey and battle scarred, so I’m guessing at least 5 yo.

This is the fun time of the year. No matter what you have on your camera before the rut, something bigger from a neighbors property can wander right on in. Next 7-11 days are go time 😉

What a beauty. Love the way his rack tips in at the top.

At least 160

My guess would be 5yo+ and 160’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.5 yrs. 155"

He is fully mature for sure

Got a close up:
CTPAZi4.jpg

He's a great buck, and I couldn't pass him probably, but I believe that buck has the potential to be your next booner. I want to say 4.5.

He's a great buck, and I couldn't pass him probably, but I believe that buck has the potential to be your next booner. I want to say 4.5.

Thanks Ben. I know it's possible for a deer to gain some after 4.5, but in our area, I've also seen it not happen. I'm hoping my son can get a shot at him next Saturday morning on our gun opener. We are going to hunt together out of the blind, and I'm going to help him watch.

PS - I did recently get a blurry picture of the double drop tine deer that I posted in the spring of this year, so I know he is still alive. He didn't grow a lot after those early pictures, and we are going to let him walk this time. Hopefully he will be our next booner.

Looks good Native. I think 160ish 4 yr old as well. Thats gotta put a little "pep in your step", Good luck!